Review by BocaSE

"An awesome game with some minor flaws"

I've been a Batman fan for quite some time now, and I was excited to be able to play as Batman once again in this game. I knew that if it was half as good as the movie it would be much better than a lot of the other Batman games out there, and this game delivers!

Gameplay
Most of the main game consists of a mix between Stealth and Fighting. The fighting system isn't the most in-depth. It consists of just a few combos. There are special attacks that you can do from time to time with the B button. I found the most effective one to be the 'Multi-Attack' simply because it made it easier to clear a room of guys. You can cause your enemies to become fearful to make your fighting more effective. This will allow you to later on use items like smoke grenades and flash bangs to temporally stun your enemies for several seconds. Sometimes if the enemy becomes fearful enough they'll go cower in a corner allowing just going over and finishing them off.

There are also two sections where you get to drive the Batmobile. These parts consist of getting from point A to point B. I didn't like the Batmobile sections as much as the main portion of the game because it felt like every other driving mission I've played in an action game(Get from here to here before you run out of time), but it is fun to drive around hitting people off the road with the Batmobile.

Score: 8/10

Story
The game pretty much follows the story of the movie, so if you've seen that you'll know the story. There are some minor variances here and there to make the game a little bit longer. I don't want to spoil too much of it, so I'll just give a short version. Basically Bruce Wayne has returned after training with a group called The League of Shadows. They tried to get him to kill a murderer as an initiation into their group, but he declined and escaped. Back in Gotham, as Batman, he goes around investigating a crime lord, his drug-trafficking cartel, and the drugs that he's been shipping in. All of this of course with the intent of bringing the organization down.

Score: 9/10

Audio
The ambient music is great in this game, and really gets you into the feel of the game. You feel like you're in the movie itself. The soundtrack is top notch just like the movie's is. The sound effects are also spot on, albeit, they are just the same old sound effects we've heard in a lot of other games. Though, it's the music that really makes this category shine.

Score: 8/10

Graphics
The graphics in this game are superb! You really get the feel that you're in Gotham. The designers also captured the muddy, gritty feel of the world of Batman. The lighting, while not the best, is still above average. The characters look like their real world selves, and the dark, dirty environments will make you want to get out a mop and bucket, and clean up. There are sometimes graphic glitches with Batman's cape, but that's a minor thing that doesn't detract from an otherwise beautiful game.

Score: 9/10

Replay Value
This portion of the review is what really brings down the game. As far as replay value goes, there just isn't much of it to be honest. You can go through after you've beaten the game once and play as Batman in a different costume, but other than that there's no real reason to go through the game again, except to go through the game again. All of the bonus material is unlocked after you beat the game. Most of it consists of Interviews, and videos from the game. There's also the ability to play the Batmobile levels over again, extra Batman Costumes, and Gallery of Fear. I did enjoy the Gallery of Fear portion of the bonus section. The Gallery of Fear is set at Arkham Asylum, and you can go to the various cells and learn a little bit more about some of the characters in the game.

Score: 6/10

Overall
Overall if you're a fan of Batman then you should get this game. If your not a fan of Batman, but would like to get into Batman, or if you like Action games, then I would suggest renting this game first since there isn't much replay value to it.

Overall Score: 8/10