Review by shadow382c

"Another Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, another GREAT game!"

Another Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, another GREAT game. This is one of the best Splinter Cell and X-box games I have ever played, and it's not one that should be missed! Below is my complete review for the game.

Story (10/10):
I think that the plot for this game is the best I have seen for a Splinter Cell game so far. I like the idea of the trust meter, it makes you think about what you need to do to keep the meter balanced out. Sometimes it's very hard to keep it balanced, but other times it's no problem. I also like how at the start of each mission it brings you up-to-date on what's happening. I hear other people saying that they loose what's happening in the game because the story isn't told good, but I had no problem understanding it.

Graphics (9/10):
The graphics in this game, just like other Splinter Cell games, are some of the best I've seen on X-box. Although I did notice that sometimes the graphics appeared to be messed up a little but they were still some of the best I've seen. I think the graphics in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory were better than the graphics in this game, but still, they are awesome.

Game Play (9/10):
I think this Splinter Cell game may have the best game play out of all the Splinter Cell games. There were some parts of game play I didn't really like though. Take the timed missions for example; I didn't really like those. I also didn't like the JBA Headquarter missions. But the other levels make up for these dislikes.

Controls (10/10):
The controls in this game are as easy as they get. If you've played other Splinter Cell games, you should have no problem at all getting used to these controls. I really don't know what else to say about them except they are easy to learn and get used to.

Sounds (9/10):
The music in this game fit really well with the story and mission objectives. Sometimes it got really annoying, but overall it fit really well. The voice-overs were as good as they could get, although sometimes when Sam was alone on a mission, I could barely hear what he was saying. But other than that, I thought the sounds fit nicely.

Enemy AI (6/10):
I think it's safe to say that the AI in this game is not the most intelligent. In fact, some of the guards are, no other way to say this, pure stupid. Some guards can't see you when you're less than one foot away from you, but then some guards can see you when they're all the way across the room with no lights on and a thick cloud of fog between Sam and the guard. In Mission 5: Cozumel, Mexico - Cruise Ship I encountered three of the stupidest guards I have ever seen in a Splinter Cell game. I was looking around the hallway and found a pipe attached to the ceiling, so I jumped up and grabbed it. I had already made some noise, so the guards were coming towards me. The first guard came down the hallway and stopped right under me and looked up. He was starring right at me, and still didn't even see me, so I grabbed him and choked him out. While I was choking him, the second guard was standing two feet away watching me choke him. Once I was done with guard one, the second guard watched him fall to the ground and then walked over to him so I grabbed him and choked him out also. And again, while I was choking him out the third guard watched and done the same thing the second guard done. So, again, I choked out the third guard. The whole time I was doing this, there was a light right beside of me but still they could not see me. So as you can see, the guards are not the brightest crayons in the box. And also, I don't know about anyone else, but if I see three floating green dots, I'm not gonna walk up and investigate; I'm gonna start shooting like crazy.

Replay Value (10/10):
The trust meter in this game sets the replay value really high. In every mission you have a choice to do what the JBA wants or what the NSA wants you to do. Your choices change how to story goes. So once you beat it one time, you want to play through it again to see how the other choices would have effected the story.

Overall (9/10):
Overall, I think Chaos Theory may still be my favorite Splinter Cell game, but this one comes very close. This is one of the best game that X-box, and the Splinter Cell series, has to offer. If you've been a fan of the Splinter Cell series, this is not a game you want to miss. With nine levels, and it take about an hour to complete each one, it will keep you entertained for at least 9 hours. Not to mention the replay value it has to offer. With that, it will keep you entertained for at least another 9 hours. So all in all, if you complete each difficulty level, you will get 25 hours of gam play out of this game. So if you like stealth-action games, you DO NOT want to miss this one!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/21/06