Review by brother_in_arm8

"A Great Xbox Showdown"

So, the Xbox has finished its reign. But before going out, it has offered it's last Splinter Cell game. Splinter Cell came out in 2002 for the Xbox. Soon, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. But in 2006, it seems the best has come. Double Agent is a beautiful, engaging, and well-made game.

Graphics 9/10:

The graphics are no worse than Chaos Theory. In fact, however, I noticed no improvement. Why would they need it anyway? It's just excellent! Water falls from Fisher after he comes out of water. You see light shining perfectly on the different surfaces. It's a completely excellent work.

Gameplay 9/10:

This is very great. In fact, Double Agent puts the best gameplay of the series. There are unique situations, and the same creativity. The gameplay, as a whole, will make you grip your seat in excitement. The second level alone is a masterpiece. But I'm not going to give any spoilers.

Story 8/10:
I don't know, but I didn't like the story like I liked the previous ones. It's not that it's bad, but I don't like to wait for the next one to find out what happens!! Anyway, to tell the truth, it's a unique one. You ever heard an action game with 3 endings?

Yes, there are 3 endings for the game, and you'll get different ones depending on your actions throughout the game. In brief, Fisher joins a terrorist group as an undercover agent. He must achieve objectives while keeping levels of trust of the NSA and terrorists in balance, and not going too far. If he does, it's mission over.

Sound 10/10:

The sounds in the game are just a complete masterpiece. Just listen in every level, and you'll notice a masterpiece of sound. Sounds of suppressed weapons Sam uses are great, and resemble the real ones. Cans you throw are tumble and twirl, and the more they do that, the more sound comes out. In short words, to summarize this, this is a masterpiece!

Value 10/10:

3 endings, 3 difficulty levels, and a very fun game. Do I need to go on?

Average: 9/10

Not perfect, but if you like sneaking this is one of the must-haves. It may be remembered years after this date as an excellent game ending the reign of an excellent platform.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/22/06