Review by Ocelot529

"A wonderful game?!?!?!"

Ever since I was a young boy I really loved Star Wars. From Hoth down to Endor I thought I'd seen it all. But I ain't seen nothing like it in any video game store. That Xbox video game console sure plays a mean Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Now those of you who like The Who know what I'm talking about. Anyway on to the point. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (or BF2 as I'll be calling it from now on) is most definitely one of my favorite games ever. It's so good that............ well its good.

Gameplay:
Let's start out with gameplay since it seems most important. This game can be played from a 3rd or 1st person viewpoint. It is in fact a shooter. Those of you who have played BF1 will feel right at home with this game. The controls really aren't much different. The basic "conquest" mode of this game is where you take over command posts by standing at the enemy's command post, which looks like a disc on the ground with a red light coming out of it, for a set period of time until the light turns white. Then you must stand there for more time until the light turns blue. When this happens you have successfully captured a command post. Now you can respawn here when you die. There is also a capture the flag mode. But the real big two improvements over BF1 is the space battles and abilities to play as various heroes. You can play as anyone from Han Solo to Darth Maul to even Boba Fett. The space battles consist of you starting out on your home ship. Then you can get in one of maybe four or five ships available and fly over to the enemy ship and try to disable their shields. Or you can go and land in their ship and take it out from the inside. Space battles can be hard at first but once you beat a couple you get used to it and you can easily fly through them. Hooray for Gameplay!!!!!

Visuals and sound:
The visuals in this game are amazing. The environments look real and life like. Flames look great along with explosions and laser fire. The sound is also pretty good. Now obviously they didn't get the voices for the various heroes but the people they did get don't sound too far removed from the real thing. Besides the heroes everything else sounds great. I mean the main narrator of the battle can get annoying at times but you learn to live with it. Overall this game looked and sounded great. :)

Story:
On to the story are we? Well this game has a gameplay mode called "Rise of the Empire" where you start out near the ending of episode II and you win battles along the way and soon enough Palpitine as taken over and now your stormtroopers. This is the only real story element in this game.

Overall:
10/10
This is a wonderful game with many improvements over the first. It is well worth the $50 I spent on it. This game is a must have for all StarWars fans and maybe some casual gamers.
George Lucas wants you to buy it!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/21/05