Review by HK_47

"A Great Multiplayer, Superhero Game!"

First off, the commercials already is pretty good. Wolverine slashing a gasoline truck, then Magneto using his metal abilities sending the truck flying into Apocalypse, then Storm sending a bolt to ignite. Already looks fun, eh? You can actually do some cool moves with people. You already have alot of characters from the well-known Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, Professor Xavier, and etc., to some cool characters from the comic books including Deadpool, Iron Man, Forge, Scarlet Witch, Blink, Abyss, and alot more. With many characters, you can have endless combination of characters in a party of four, in which your friends can join in anytime OR leave anytime. Now, lets get down to the review.

Gameplay 9/10

This game has a few glitches, but it's not that bad. With a wide selection of characters you can have endless combinations of parties. Plus, you can customize each character with their own armor, skills, and attributes. So customizing your very own team can be very fun. Only thing that is kind've a hassle in the game is when you are fighting and your characters constantly level up, so your teammates will most of the time interrupt and go to the menu. But other than that, the combat with your unique mutant abilities is fun. Also, you have XBOX Live so you can play co-op or verse each other.

Graphics 8/10

The movie-graphics are really good. I wish they kind've put that instead of cell-shading, because I'm not fond of cell-shading. But the cell-shading gives it a good touch making it like a comic-come-to-life. The graphics are smooth, but with alot of monsters, it can get a little laggy.

Sound 8/10

The voice actors are good, from James Arnold Taylor (Tidus, Gnome, etc.) to the famous GTO voice actor [Wolverine (in this game), GTO, Spike, and many more]. I sometimes find the characters talking all of the sudden sometimes annoying, but the voice actors are good. The music is okay, but you will ignore it because of the intensity of the gameplay.

Controls 9/10

The controls are really easy to get into to. I think it's perfect with the XBOX controller, but I say so because I use the Small XBOX controller. I don't know how it would be on the Large controller. Not too complicated, and easy to get in to.

Replayability 10/10

With endless combinations and many characters with a RPG leveling up system, this will keep you busy trying to max out all the characters and mastering all the skills. This game will keep you busy for AWHILE!
Plus you can try to unlock all the comics and sketches as well. This is a great game to buy.

Overall RENT < BUY?

This is a MUST buy! This game is action-packed and really fun and easy to get into. This is one of the best superhero games I've ever played!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/20/05