Question from josegarciajr
Is there an easier way to get skrom's bow?
Is there an easier way to get skrom's bow.
If not is there a way to tell when the time hits exactly midnight so as not to waste the sacrifice of the evil/good npc?
7 years ago
Ah i see now but what about if your character is evil?
Also when u sacrifice the npc's at midnight is that midnight local time or midnight in game time?
7 years ago
Top Voted Answer
====================(( HOW TO GET SKORM'S BOW IN ONE SHOT ... v6.6 ))====================
NOTE: Acquiring Skorm's Bow is 100 percent dependent upon evil points received. If your Hero is 100 percent pure evil then he cannot receive evil points, without which he cannot acquire Skorm's Bow. The ideal amount of EP's is 600 or more, at which point you are in essence guaranteed to obtain it.
I have streamlined the following three steps to outline how to maximize the amount of Evil Points received from the Chapel of Skorm to make acquire Skorm's Bow easiest.
* ALIGNMENT Make your Hero's actual moral alignment a little "good" (scars, tattoos, hairstyles and armours do not count in these regards; true moral alignment is key), the more good the better. The key is that the more opposite your alignment is from the Chapel or Temple you are sacrificing or donating at, the more alignment points you will receive, which is the whole purpose behind your visits to the Chapel of Skorm and the Temple of Light.
* SACRIFICE The physically BIGGER and more healthy your sacrifice is, the happier the disciples of Skorm will be, and thus the bigger your reward; the reward being evil points. Skorm wants BIG and 100 percent healthy sacrifices, hence why using the Mercenaries from Twinblade's Bandit Camp and the Temple of Avo work the best, although are not necessary. The moral alignment of the character you sacrifice does not matter.
* TIMING Precision timing as to when the sacrifice is made is pivotal because the better timed your sacrifice is, the more evil points will be granted you. The way to work this is by timing it so that you sacrifice at the very top of any hour (nighttime works better than daytime), or right at the stroke of Midnight.
. . . You will know the top of an hour by when the Mercenary you hired takes his pay. Once you hear the *clink* and see the red of the gold being taken by the Mercenary for his pay, you will know it is the top of an hour, and that is when to sacrifice him.
. . . Midnight is, however, the absolute best time because you will gain the most evil points for a Midnight sacrifice. You will know it is Midnight when your in-game clock (the circle in the upper right hand corner of your screen) has all of the Moon and Stars on top and the Sunny side down, the Mercenary should take his pay, but most importantly you will hear a Bandit Boss say, "LIGHTS OUT YOU HORRIBLE LOT!" At that precise moment, sacrifice him.
* EVIL POINTS ARE YOUR REWARD The primary purpose of the Chapel and the Temple is to reap alignment points (good or evil) from them that correspond to their theme, thus your true moral alignment should be opposite that of the place you are attempting to appease, this is done on "a curve". The sole goal of doing all these things is to gain as many alignment points in one shot as you can; the more the better. The opening range of evil points needed for acquiring Skorm's Bow is 300 to 600. Evil Points acquired on the order of 600 or above will grant you Skorm's Bow for certain. Anything below 300 will not (three-hundred is the bare minimum number of EP's required in one sacrifice to even have a chance of getting it, and even then, this small number of evil points (anything below 600, but above 300) has a very low probability of working). The trick is to get as many evil points in one sacrifice as you can (the maximum is 1000). By following the three major points above, all together, you increase your chances of receiving more evil points, thereby increasing your chances of being granted a bonus reward (Skorm's Bow, past years granted - up to ten, and the Necromancer title), because of, and in addition to your evil points.
REMEMBER: Aim for 600 evil points or more in one sacrifice by following all of the steps above to guarantee obtainment of Skorm's Bow.
7 years ago
Sacrifice the two big mercs (from Twinblade's Camp and the Temple of Avo) at midnight. When you here the bandit say "Light's out, you 'orrible lot!" it's midnight.
7 years ago
The naughty points are completely random. I just did it not more than 2 hours ago. The first time I got 157 evil points for the first guy and 75 points for the second guy. I didn't like the scores as you need to hit 1000 points total so I reloaded and sacrificed them yet again well after midnight and got 67 points for the first and then 975 for the second. Like I said random. The Mercs were from Twinblade's camp and Oakvale if that matters.
For the detail question your character needs to be completely good to adjust your evilness enough to get the bow eat some tofu, donate money to Avo's temple, kill bandits and/or undead to get absolutely good also remove 'bad' clothing and 'bad' tattoos so the bar is completely to the right then try it.
7 years ago
It doesn't matter how good or evil you are for the timing. It will effect the number of points (and therefore whether you get the bow or not), however.
It's best to be neutral or no more than half-evil. It's midnight in-game. As I said, wait for the "Lights out, you 'orrible lot!" message. That's the indicator that it's midnight. Also night will fill the top half of the time indicater in the HUD, with day filling the bottom half. Mercenaries also get paid on the hour, so that's another indicator.
7 years ago
- = = = ======HOW TO READ THE CLOCK====== = = = -
DESCRIPTION: Fable's in-game clock is a basic Sundial located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. It has been split equally in half, Day and Night (sun and stars), and always rotates counterclockwise (to the left). The clock's needle is fixed (always vertical, always on top, and always perpendicular to the fixed and horizontal divider line) and is what tells you the specific time.
Vertical:. . . . . . . . . . . . |
Horizontal: . . . . . . . ____
Perpendicular: . . . __|__
Midnight (12:00 a.m.) . . . The top half of the clock is night and the bottom is day. You will hear a bandit say, "Light's out you horrible lot!".
Morning (6:00 a.m.). . . . . The left half of the clock is night and the right is day.
Noon (12:00 p.m.) . . . . . . The top half of the clock is day and the bottom is night.
Evening (6:00 p.m.) . . . . . The left half of the clock is day and the right is night.
NOTE: Mercenaries will always take their pay at the top of any given hour.
- = = = ======SKORM'S BOW STATS====== = = = -
Class: . . . . . . . . . . . Ranged Weapon
Type: . . . . . . . . . . . . Longbow
Augmentations: . . 2 total (permanent) : : : 1 Lightning, 1 Sharpening
Damage:. . . . . . . . . 264
Location: . . . . . . . . Chapel of Skorm : : : Darkwood Forest : : : near the Trader's Camp
Description:. . . . . . Fabled weapon of the Overberg, this Longbow carries dark and terrible secrets that seem to propel arrows with a unique power.
7 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed
More Questions from This Game
|if I have a save file in fable, can I access that save file in The Lost Chapter?||Open||fableboss666|
|how do you equip the stick on fable: TLC?||Open||Lorenzo141|
|Can you use the age reduction glitch and still have black hair?||Open||tjwardx|
|Why does the game keep telling me (X:5805.0 B:1884.0)?||Answered||d3sperado89|
|How do I download the game for my Xbox 360?||Open||HeroOfOakvale|