Question from KHfanaticAster

Asked: 1 year ago

Saving issues (spoilers)?

I have been having problems with the auto-saving in bioshock infinite. Last Wednesday I play bioshock for a few hours and I got to the point where you enter the elevator after Elizabeth tells you not to let the song bird take her, I saw the auto-save sign on the corner of the screen so I decided to stop playing. Then yesterday I was going to continue playing, however none of the checkpoints since the gunsmiths shop in the first dimension you cross over had saved. I played up to some more points where it said it had auto-saved, but still checkpoints did not save. I thought it was happening because my xbox was not updated in a while, so downloaded the latest update and played from the last check point and checked to see if the checkpoints I was reaching were saving, to which they were. I played until I got to the checkpoint after the cut scene with the twins at the piano, the game had saved this checkpoint as well so I assumed that the problem was fixed, however I tried playing it again today and got to the point where I finally recovered all of my lost progress, but because of yesterdays issues I decided to see if the checkpoints were still saving and it was not. I have no idea what the problem is, the only difference between playing today and yesterday is that when it was saving checkpoints yesterday I was connected to xbox live. Does anyone know how to fix this?

From: rincewind1990 1 year ago

There's a small glitch with the 360s clock that means when you get disconnected from live your clock resets to something like 2005 and since that's the time that is recoded on the many save files this game makes, when you choose to continue it loads a game with the latest time stamp (i.e. one you made while still connected).

Have a look at this and see if it helps:

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605052-bioshock-infinite/65892498