Review by HeelSpartan

"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city"

Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played. I loved every second of it. You play as a former Pinkerton agent named Booker Dewitt in 1912, who is in debt to the wrong person. In order wipe away the debt, Booker must retrieve a young woman name Elizabeth in the floating city of Colombia. Seems simple right? False. Elizabeth is locked away in a tower protected by the Songbird, a massive beast that is the protector of Elizabeth. The person who put Elizabeth in the tower is Father Comstock, the game's main villain.

The factors that make Infinite great is the narrative, story, characters, and especially the ending. Elizabeth is one of the most engrossing characters I have ever come across in a video game. She's not useless in combat either. She tosses you ammo, health, and salts when you are running low on them. She has a great personality just like all the characters in this game. You will be hooked throughout the whole game from it gorgeous graphics, to the amazing characters, to the outstanding gameplay to the very end. The End of this game was jaw-dropping. It features one of the greatest twists I have ever seen. You will not be ready for it.

The graphics in Bioshock Infinite are astounding. Colombia is gorgeous. It teems with brightness and color. That's what you should expect from a city in a sky. There is so much detail. Some are obvious, some are subtle. The people of Colombia are racists. There Is a rebellion called the Vox rebellion who believe in the common folk. There leader is Daisy Fitzroy. She is the black version of Father Comstock. The enemies in this game are challenging and fresh. You encounter them throughout the game and you need different strategies to beat them.

Aside from all the shooting in this game, you have a second option, too. They are called Vigors. Vigors are the equivalent of plasmies from Bioshock 1. They give you special abilities to use in combat. Some include shooting lightning from your fingertips, throwing fire grenades at your enemies, commanding crows to swarm your enemies and much more. You can make traps with the Vigors and combinations too. They run on salts which you find throughout the game.

Overall, Bioshock Infinite is outstanding. A masterpiece. It is a truly elite title that is worth your 60 bucks. This is my pick for game of the year and possibly best game of this generation.The delays were worth it. 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/04/13

Game Release: BioShock Infinite (US, 03/26/13)