Review by thoraxe313

"Resident Evil 6"

I've been playing Resident Evil since the Play Station, and I must say after seeing this game flourish as it did from 1990 to 2012, this latest installment of Resident Evil 6 has shown what Capcom can really do. Most fan-boys of the Resident Evil saga have typically favored the first few installments of the series such as 1, 2 ,3 and 4. Resident evil 1 and 2 are pretty much the same game with its own location and how it came to be. But taking that the campaign for RE6 is about Chris, Leon, Jake, and Ada the game itself has taken a turn to focus on the Original series of game style.

Leon S. Kennedy focuses specifically of horror and puzzles just like the original RE2. Hard enemies here and there, hoards of zombies when you least expect it and loads of puzzles to proceed in the game. Personally I enjoyed it and I must say it reminded me of RE1/2 cause of the scenery as well as the feel of dialogue that they faced was pretty amazing.

Chris Redfields campaign was overall designed for FPS people who want to play with a lot of action as well as fast pace elements of fighting huge waves of zombies and chases. It can be dragged out, but to each their own. I enjoyed every single opportunity for that game.

Last but not least Jakes story. People who were a fan of Re3 would best play Jake's story. Having an indestructible boss chasing you while your dishing out ammunition to hoards of zombies in front of you while struggling with a one bar of health remaining makes this game play spectacular. They added elements of all the original series all into one disc, but the news get better.

A new secret mission with Ada Wong is something that a RE2/4 fanboy would love to play to understand the true insights of this latest installment of the series missing piece to the puzzles game changing experience.

Co-op is amazing in this game, and mercenary mode has never cease to fail anyone.

Camera angle of the game can get a bit tricky, but it's a small obstacle that you can come over. The shooting in the game seems like the same as RE4 so that's a plus, and having the ability of interchangeable shoulders makes it a lot easier for players who are either left or right viewed shooters. Unique stamina bar has made the game a bit more of a real time challenge due to the fact that once the bar is depleted you have to wait a short time so you may dish out more attacks and run better, which is an added bonus cause no one in the world can run forever while shooting and kicking. It makes it more exciting, but to some players it'll be a new experience. That is nothing more than an easy obstacle that people can go over with a breeze.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/03/12

Game Release: Resident Evil 6 (US, 10/02/12)