Question from RoBearIn3030

How do beat The Scrap Yard? (Hammer Trial)

I can't get first place on The Scrap Yard. My best time is 32 seconds, which isn't even close. I was able to do that with 10% crit at full hp spirit and both 50% dmg upgrades for the hammer.

HoshunMk112 answered:

Start rolling a lot. Rolling can blast through most of the smaller debris and break it without swinging. Otherwise, plan a route and move through it quickly. I started by going up, then going around the platform clockwise.

Cancel out of rolls by swinging, then cancel your swing by rolling. If done correctly, you can swing and roll very, very quickly.
2 0

Answers

joco127 answered:

I had tons of trouble with this one too. Just hit A and B back and forth to roll and swing repeatedly around the yard. Eventually on repeated tries practice will pay off.
0 0

ckoehler45 answered:

This is probably one of the hardest of the proving grounds. If you can't pass it, just skip it. You only need to pass 7 of the proving grounds to get the vigil and the other ones are MUCH easier. There is no achievement for passing all the proving grounds so if it's too hard, just move on.
0 0

Cashew333 answered:

There are three keys:
1) Upgraded hammer maximized for pure damage. It needs to be set this way to smash through blocks in a single shot.

2) Rolling. You roll everywhere, but you have to be careful not to roll off. You should never be walking unless you are clearing rubble. The small pieces can be rolled through but medium and larger pieces will require clearing. Move in a clockwise or counterclockwise position clearing quickly and orderly. No back and forth or you waste time.

3) Stationary Swings. You'll have to learn where, but standing still and swinging does a lot more damage than moving and swinging. The larger pieces such as the chuck wagon require several hits if you're moving while swinging. EVERYTHING goes down in a single stationary swing though. The key is to make that swing and move on immediately minimizing time. There are only a few large objects and it may take a few tries to memorize which things require the big swings.

I originally kept getting 31-32 with that method. I eventually got the required time. On my second playthrough I got a 23 second time. So it is easily doable just requires some practice.
0 0

The Sword/Blade Trial? Answered chicknfeet
Hammer challenge Glitch? Answered wambam1221
Where can I find history book memento stranger's dream? Unanswered pseudonarne
Will this come to psn? Unanswered thenoobynoober