Question from Crayonmuffin

Drake sword complications?

I know I'm not the only one. but I've tried many times to shoot the tail off of Hellkite on the bridge and his tail won't fall off and i can't get the sword :/ I've pumped about 200 arrows into it. Anyone have any tips? Do you have to be human to get it?

L0rdrexion answered:

If you're in the right spot and your Dexterity is around 13-14 you should be able to do it within 20-40 shots, just hide behind where the Knight spawns on the lower section of the bridge and hit the tail. Keep at it and you'll get the sword
3 0

Answers

RavenSage answered:

Make sure you have enough str and dex first. Get a crossbox and 75 arrows. Aim it manually and start timing shots to hit the tip. 20-30 arrows later that tail will explode and it will show an item retrieval windows saying you got the Drake Sword. Special advice, don't spam the two handed strong, it burns about 30 durability each time.
0 0

RavenSage answered:

bleh I meant crossbow. Way too tired.
0 0

XxZephyrusxX answered:

You can only manually aim with a Bow, not a Crossbow. It took me about 20 shots to break his tail off.
To manually aim use LB/L1. To shoot use RB/R1

And as RavenSage said: There is a special attack that you can do if you two hand the Drake Sword and do a Strong Attack, but it takes 30 durability to do. Hefty price if you ask me.

It's powerful enough as it is :)
0 0

UnliklyStranger answered:

I did it with the short bow, and cheap arrows with out a problem, which you can get at the merchant near the fire at the base of the latter. A friend had the same issue you are having. Once he rested at the fire and went back for another try, he received the sword without anymore trouble.
0 0

gunmetalmanny answered:

Stand under the bridge at the message that says tail. Hit his tail with an arrow he will move and the tail will be dangling over the bridge right in front if you. Smack it with a long sword. Super easy save u time. I did it. Worked awesome
0 0

thelovemonk answered:

I managed to do it with the short bow and about 60 arrows. I was somewhere around level 10-12. Just clear out the 2 enemies and then return to the first arch and stand next tot the pillar. Press Y to hold your bow with both hand then press LB to scope.

You know you managed to hit the dragon with the bow when it roars out loud and lands on the bridge above you. Don't bother hitting the tail when the dragon is near you just wait for it to return to it resting place and repeat.

The tail will fall off eventually and the drake sword will be added to you inventory instantly.
0 0

ddhcts answered:

Buy the short bow at the first merchant get your dexterity 12 ,buy about 50 arrows and hit the tail doesnt matter which part of the tail as long as it takes off when you hit it, shouldnt take but about 35 arrows.
0 0

shadowa11 answered:

The stronger the Arrow the less you have to use i suggest Heavy arrows
0 0