Question from TheSpindoc

Why cant I use magic weapon?

I bought the spell, I have the right amount of intelligence and for some reason when I try to use it my character just scratches his head. I can use other spells like soul arrow no problem. Help would be greatly appreciated!

You are possibly trying to enchant a weapon that cannot take the spell (Drake Sword is a good example), or you have your catalyst in your right hand.

If a weapon already has an enhancement(divine/fire/etc.) then magic weapon won't work, and for that matter, neither will the resins for temp weapon buffs

What is the magic weapon?

I had this problem too!
Equip your weapon (like a longsword) to your right hand. Equip your catalyst to your left hand, press LB and it'll cast it!
Some weapons can't be cast on though, and weapons that are already enhanced (such as with elements, divine or magic) through forging also can't be cast on.

You cannot buff unique weapons or any upgraded weapon aside from normal upgrading (as in to +15).

Special weapons such as the drake sword cannot be buffed.
To buff a weapon have the Catalyst in your left hand and the weapon you wish to enchant in your right hand and cast the spell.

Special Weapons (example- Black Knight/Dragon weapons) Cannot be "buffed", Weapons with a buff (magic weapon, pine resen, ect.) Cannot be buffed again. Weapons with elemental damage already cannot be buffed (divine/flame/chaos/light./crystal*/occult). Also, you must have an item to cast the buff... (catalyst-spell/talisman-miracle). Left Bumper (LB) is what you use to cast, also catalyst/talisman must be in left hand, weapon in right in order for the buff to execute. Hope I could help.

Just to add/correct one thing said by Anthrometal...you can use Magic Weapon on Crystal weapons as well.

First off, you should make sure that you have your catalyst in your left hand. The buff is applied to the right hand weapon, so having the catalyst in your right hand would be completely pointless.

Second, while most weapons can be buffed, there are still many that cannot. Most weapons that upgrade with Twinkling Titanite, Demon Titanite, Green Titanite, Red Titanite, Blue Titanite, and White Titanite cannot be buffed with the spell.

That is to say, weapons that have the Fire, Lightning, Magic, Enchanted, Divine, or Occult prefix cannot be buffed by your spell.

Standard, Raw, and Crystal weapons can all be buffed by magic.

Have a catalyst in your left hand and your weapon in your right, some weapons dont work with magic weapon like the drake sword, queelags furysword