How do I solve the golden claw door puzzle?

1. I can't get the door with the bear, the owl and the bug on the spinning circles on it to open, or find any clues?

User Info: kangarookyle

kangarookyle - 5 years ago
    Im also having a problem i cant even get the circles to spin. Is there something i have to do to get the circles to spin.

User Info: TheLordApollo

TheLordApollo - 5 years ago
    How do you get through the room before you get the claw?

User Info: KevlarToker

KevlarToker - 5 years ago
    Did anyone else realize and see a secret room/cave that's partially covered with fallen rocks? It's in Bleak Falls Temple, you see it pretty much right after you kill the guy and get the Golden Claw from him. When you're winding around in the temples' caves, you can get 2 glimpses (once from the right side and once from the left side) of a partially hidden cave/room that's partially hidden by boulders. You can see a dead body/skeleton in the room and seems like some items and a chest with a staircase leading upwards. How do you get in there?

User Info: shloomz

shloomz - 5 years ago

1. Yes make sure to examine the golden claw in your inventory should be self explanatory after that

User Info: darkmerlin01

darkmerlin01 - 5 years ago 5 1

Answers

1. Look at the claw itself! The largest symbol should be an Owl, then the Bug, then the Bear as the smallest one. Hope this helps.

User Info: WeAmTheBest

WeAmTheBest - 5 years ago 0 2
  2. When in the inventory rotate the right analog to rotate the image. the solution is on the palm of the claw. I was very irritated with this as i looked all over the dungeon before doing this.

User Info: Mglass

Mglass - 5 years ago 2 2
  3. Look at the wall panels leading to the door on the left. They have the people who represent the order of the lock

User Info: pozat

pozat - 5 years ago 0 2
  4. TheLordApollo - I had the same issue. I think it might be a glitch. I fixed it by leaving the area (walking all the way until the loading page comes up) and then heading back.

User Info: jessmarler

jessmarler - 5 years ago 1 0
  5. This may sound dumb but where do I get golden claw at?

User Info: jdilla313

jdilla313 - 5 years ago 0 1
  6. There is a journal from one of the bandits, basically it says that you have to hold the claw in the palm of your hand to find the secret.

Open your inventory, examine the claw - rotate the view so you can see the underside of it, there are three symbols..the top is the outer ring, the second is the middle ring, and the third is the inner ring..set the rings accordingly and then activate it in the center.

In my game it was Bear (outer)Bug(middle)Owl(inner). I don't know if that is set or random for each player.

Hope that helps.

User Info: Wusai

Wusai - 5 years ago 3 0
  7. Accept the quest from Lucan in Riverwood (he is in the general store...where you can sell your junk collected from when you escaped Helgen). He says thieves stole his golden claw, and they are hiding in Bleak Falls Barrow.

In the dungeon, you will eventually kill a giant spider, and there is a thief trapped in the webbing. Ask about the claw, and he says he has it. Cut him loose (and if you wish, kill him right away...if not, he runs off and you'll have to chase after him, possibly aggroing some dragurs...) You will get the claw off of his corpse.

For me and my hubby as well, it was the same as Wusai...so I guess it is the same for everyone. Examine the claw in your inventory. Outer ring is BEAR, middle ring was BUG, and inner ring was BIRD (aka OWL). Set the door rings appropriately. Then you "use" the claw (activate the plate in the middle, the claw automatically inserts and turns...) then it changed to 3 Birds (Owls...) and the door opened.

SPOILER ALERT:

When you kill the final boss, take the Dragonstone from his corpse...it has no value, and weighs 25lbs (make sure you can carry it! Drop other junk if necessary!) You will need this in the next town, and if you fail to bring it, you'll need to go back to Bleak Falls again. Taking the stone the first time will just avoid having to backtrack... ^_^

User Info: JuliaCHB

JuliaCHB - 5 years ago 0 0
  8. Yes, it's definitely glitchy! I had three owls on the door and couldn't activate any of the circles. You have to go all the way back (down the stairs, through the swinging axes, and through the door) then come back again and it should be fine.

User Info: Beckipunzel

Beckipunzel - 5 years ago 0 0
  9. Go to your items and look at the claw if you look under it the animals woll be in order from top to bottem

User Info: drewgalloway

drewgalloway - 5 years ago 0 0
  10. Go into your inventory go to misc. go to the golden claw then you use the button and turn it so you can see its palm you with see the order for the door combo there hope it helps and good luck with the game.

User Info: noobgamer135

noobgamer135 - 5 years ago 0 0
  11. I never noticed the claw marks, I just saw that when you turn the wheel, one of the symbols had like.. curly markings on the sides, so I put that one up , the inner ring wasn't so easy to see but there's only 3 guesses :-p

User Info: Lanceone

Lanceone - 5 years ago 0 0