How far into the main questline do you have to be until dragons start to appear at random?

1. I want to start exploring but I want to unlock random dragons first.

User Info: DKLinks

DKLinks - 5 years ago

1. After you head to Whiterun with the dragonstone, the jarl will want you to kill a dragon at a nearby tower.After that, dragons will appear at random

!CAUTION! Dragons can kill you easily if you dont have good armor or an ally.

User Info: Zombieknee

Zombieknee - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. If you just follow the main story you'll have Dragons appearing within about 2 hours.

User Info: Undietaker

Undietaker - 5 years ago 0 1
  2. Right after you complete first story line dragon in whiterun, after that you can random encounter them anywhere

User Info: ducagoose

ducagoose - 5 years ago 1 0
  3. You need maybe the first few quests of the main quest line, and after that they are unscripted and can appear at any time.

User Info: Gamer7797

Gamer7797 - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. Zombieknee is right but you also need to be good at running and healing. Or, if you're a wizard, good with magic.

User Info: qwweetrtr

qwweetrtr - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. Its after the Jarl makes you fight the first one. before that I didnt find one in 5 hours of play.

User Info: mraellis123

mraellis123 - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. after you meet the gray beards WARNING it messes up dark brotherhood quests (kills your targets in other ways than required)

User Info: firefight007

firefight007 - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. It is the second quest in the main story line. After the quest where the Jarl has you investigate the dungeon where you get the Unrelenting Force shout, you go back to Whiterun. When you get there, the Jarl's assistant tells him about a Dragon attack on a nearby tower. After beating this dragon, finish the quest by talking to the Jarl. With that quest finished, dragons will appear at random. You do not have to meet the Greybeards for it to work. That is the next quest and is not necessary. I haven't done that yet, but I've killed 8 dragons.

User Info: bwillroku

bwillroku - 5 years ago 0 0