Question from wolfdog1dmn

Raldbthar (and probably any dwarven ruin) Dwarven mechanism?

Okay at the end of Raldbthar (and probably any dwarven ruin) there is something called a Dwarven mechanism with which I dont have the nessesary item to activate, but it doesnt tell you what item you need and I have at least two of every dwarven item in this place (even the plates >_< )

So my question is has anyone activated [u]any[/u] of these mechanisms, and if yes then how?

From: wolfdog1dmn 3 years ago

The item is an attunement sphere found in other dwemer ruins.

To unlock the mechanism you need to travel north of Winterhold. Carefully walk down the mountain, or jump off the bridge path to the college and pray you land in the water (not suggested) then swim north past Skytemple ruins, to a cave called Septimus Signus's Outpost. Once you have talked to Septimus he will give you a quest called Discerning the Transmundane and give you key to open the Dwarven Mechanisms.

Raldbthar connects to Blackreach (by going through the Mechanism) which is part of the Discerning the Transmundane quest, so if you dont want to explore the location Septumus suggests then just take this one

If im not mistaken you need paper and charcoal to copy whats on the tablet