Question from beratha4486

Skyrim keeps freezing,why?

it freezes at loading screens,shops, and while im walking around. i thought it was my xbox dieing but it plays modern warfare 3 perfectly fine. also i tried to install it in my HD but it says the disc is unreadable when i do that AHHHHH what is wrong???

Aceforall answered:

Might be a bad disk. Try taking it back to where you got it as where most places will replace it for you. They can also test the disk there if is an actual game store like Game Stop.
3 0

Answers

sglobensky answered:

Clear your system cache this game tends to clog it up.
0 0

taka3000000o answered:

Yea my game tends to freeze every so ofter but I just assumed it was because the game world was so massive and there are still some glitches that haven't been fixed.
1 0

tcracker82 answered:

Check out this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qi05D9T1Ks&feature=g-all-u
0 0

MasterMeif answered:

Well, It could just be because Skyrim is a massive, highly-detailed game... If you think that theres something wrong with your disk though you maybe be able to get a replacement but probably not. Although if you have like 20 extra bucks laying around you could tradein the disk at gamestop and get another one (pre-owned of course you save ten dollars)
0 0

SnackKing answered:

You could also try cleaning the disk with some isopropyl Alcohol. Pour some on a cotton ball and clean the disk with it. This worked for me when my disk kept freezing.
0 0

yoshimitsuka29 answered:

i seem to be having the same problems with my disc. it happens once in a blue. my game keeps slowing down which can eventually lead to a freeze. it could jus be too many things going on at once. clean the system cache. if you have a cd cleaner use that as well< but do be careful HOW you clean it.
0 0

kountreepimp38 answered:

The ugly truth about Skyrim freezing...Like you I had many freezes. Yesterday doing the Nightcaller Cave mission got almost all the way to the end and I had to start over completely at least 5 times, saved it midway and started over at save point at least another 10. After calling Bethesda, then Microsoft, then Bethesda again I finally got an answer. It appears that the autosave feature is the problem-it clogs up the files or something. I was told to only manually save and I went a few hours without freezing so I added save on wait, rest and travel still no freezing. The minute I turned on autosave again it started freezing again. So I turned that off left the others on and no more freezing for at least a day. Hope that this helps anyone with this problem.
0 0

Map of skyrim? Answered slr32533
Divorce Possible In Skyrim? Open Slazors92
Skyrim Location? Open dcool1
New Skyrim Character? Open BooVampirism
DOes everything in skyrim reset? Open teriblewitnames