How do I solve "hired muscle"?

1. For the companions quest "hired muscle" it says I must intimidate Dorian in solitude. However, when I go talk to him, all he says is "you're not supposed to be in here." Is this a bug or am I missing something?

User Info: Hock93

Hock93 - 5 years ago

1. Whenever someone says "you are not supposed to be in here", then generally you are in a home, or business that is currently "closed". come back at a different time, or go outside the home/business and hit the back button, and wait until around mid morning 8-10am, and the shop should be open, or the home not locked down for the night. Then you should be able to complete the quest.
    *NOTE: The same behaviour can be observed from any NPC. Most notably, outdoor blacksmiths. when they go "Off the clock" they can still be standing at the forge, but the option to purchase from them dissapears. Many quest NPC's only have a single quest related dialogue and you cannot enter conversation with them, getting a "one-liner" when you try to talk to them. (just like in your case). In order to get into conversation with them, you have to wait until the right time, or the right trigger occurs in game.

User Info: volyren

volyren - 5 years ago 0 0