Question from Bdizzle15

How do I solve the emerald dragon claw puzzle?

At reach water rock where you have to forge the gauldur amulet, I see the puzzle on the claw and it reads bear, fish, snake yet it won't open for me. Am i missing something or is it glitched? I've noticed the snake on the bottom rung is upside down. Does that mean anything?

Bdizzle15 provided additional details:

I tried it backwards but I couldn't get a snake at the top nor a bear at the bottom. its def the emerald claw at the first one cuz i picked it up all a dead "adventurer." Any other ideas?

Bdizzle15 provided additional details:

You cn't do it backwards cuz there is no snake on the top rung. may b glitched.

13Persia13 answered:

Go To Your Misc And Zoom At The Claw On The Bottom You Can See It.
0 0

Answers

Blades_Artemis answered:

Sounds like you have the claw backwards. Try snake fish bear.
0 0

Qotsarock3r answered:

The first door in that quest uses the emerald claw, if that doesn't work then it may be glitches for you, if you are trying to open the second door with the emerald claw if wont work because you actually need a different claw, I thinks it's the ebony claw, it sucks because it's in a entirely different cave.
0 0

longswordmstr answered:

I am having the same problem with the iron claw puzzle. Quest continues through door but it wont open with single rotation guessing any help
0 0

Raftrey answered:

Easy way to figure out the claw puzzles is look at the claw in your inventory and you can make out the alignment of the gliphs on the underside of the claw itself, Sometimes the bottom gliph is hard to makeout cause the claw is tilted but it helps alot knowing the top 2
0 0

DarthBrawn answered:

At Reachwater rock the first door uses the Emerald Dragon Claw and the order of the glyphs from top to bottom is bear, whale, snake. The second door uses the Ivory Claw and the order from top to bottom is hawk, hawk, dragon. Anyone who tells you that a different claw is required is plain wrong. If you don't have the ivory claw I believe it is found in Dead Men's Respite west of Morthal.
0 0

DarthBrawn answered:

Correction, you find the ivory claw in the first dungeon of the quest; Folgunthur.
0 0

canmanmtc answered:

Where do i find the emerald claw?
0 0

Baloobies answered:

go to your items go to the claw you need to use press the right stick button and look on the bottom of the claw and you should see the code pattern. Hope this helped!
0 0

Dead Man's Respite - Ruby Dragon Claw Puzzle? Answered crimsonx13
How do I solve the golden claw door puzzle? Answered kangarookyle
How do I solve the ivory claw puzzle door? Answered ichigo_1984
How do I solve dragon claw quest? Answered xUSxGrimJoker
Forelhost Claw Puzzle? Answered wclark89