Question from Gamerman99999

Where can I find (Refined Moonstone or Moonstone Ore)?

So, I'm a level 23 Dark Elf in need of Full Elven armour. I have a Helmet, Boots, Daggers and Gloves. I need gilded armour, sword, bow and enough to upgrade them all to "Superior." I can easily buy Quicksilver from Alvor or Adrienne, but I have trouble finding ANY Moonstone. I recently found a Moonsilver Vein in a dungeon and mined it all and got 7 ores. That will get me 3 ingots; not even enough to get armour. =( So, in short:
A) Where can I buy Moonstone and for how much?
B) Where can I mine Moonstone?
C) Do Mining Veins ever respawn the ore? or is it a one-time deal?

Gamerman99999 provided additional details:

She never sells them. She only ever has Iron, Steel, Orchiculm, Dwarven and Quicksilver. She never has Moonstone =(

josteria562 answered:

You can mine moonstone in Snowy Creek Cave, go all the way to the back of it and you will see a bandit mining it. It is located north of Riften on the eastern mountains. Theres also a quest that makes you go there, talk to all the traveling merchant Kajiit, the Kajiit knight(one with sword and shield) requests you get an item for him in the cave.
0 0

Answers

CHAOSRAVEN17 answered:

I can't help you find it, but in Whiterun the smith sells moonstone ore and ingots. And yes, ore veins respawn every few days.
0 0

CHAOSRAVEN17 answered:

Hrmmm... I know there is a merchant who sells it somewhere...
0 0

alphamag answered:

It seems easier to find the armor then upgrade it. Hold on to those ingots. If you do the quest started in whiterun with the gray-beards, the elder sends up up to a for in the north to recover her son. All of the guards at this fort wear elven armor. Its called northwatch keep. It is northeast of markarth and west of solitude. Its north of the mountain ridge up there and backs to the water. Makes it easier than trying to craft all of the pieces
0 0

PsychoL1027 answered:

The blacksmith in solitude price depends on speechcraft
0 0

Where can i find a refined moonstone mine? Answered j0hnny13l4ze
Where to find key? Answered lazycricket
Where can I find a cog? Answered thecromunist
Where can I find (quicksilver ore)? Answered IWantFreeHugs
How do I find and get to the Greybeards? Answered ViolentJ643