Question from DarthBrawn

Item for the Mzinchaleft Gatehouse?

When recovering Grimsever for Mjoll I have come upon a mechanism in the Gatehouse of the dwarven ruin Mzinchaleft. In the ruin there is a small room with a "Dwarven Mechanism" in it. When I activate the mechanism it says I lack the required item. What is that item and how do I get it?

DarthBrawn provided additional details:

How do I get the "Discerning the Transmudane" Deadric quest, then?

facetious_t answered:

It's called the "Attunement Sphere." You get it during the "Discerning the Transmundane" Daedric quest. It allows you to access the Blackreach area, to which there are similar mechanisms in other Dwemer ruins.
0 0

Answers

Kaine999 answered:

There is a level requirement for it, but you can find it two ways, one during the main quest, or anytime before that solo. To find the cave it begins in, Go North of the College of Winterhold, you will hit a burial mound, keep going North, you will see a rowboat, the cave is right behind it in an iceberg. Go inside and talk to Septimus (something like that). Viola.
0 0