Question from dragonstomper

what do you do with Gallus's Encoded Journal after you finish the thieves guild main quest line?

After you return the skeleton key to nocturnal and get your power from her what do you do with gallus's journal? I can't seem to get reed of it no matter what I do.

From: Eilhal 3 years ago

I believe that this is just a glitch that hopefully will be fixed... Because it is a quest item that wasn't removed from my inventory (and obviously yours) when you handed it over for translation you will never be able to get it our of your inventory.... I'm currently holding three or four books that seem to have similar situations. I don't know if this is a common problem or if I'm just really that unlucky. lol

Did you give it to the elf so he can translate it?

I was on my way to sell it but then I took an arrow in the knee.

I'm having the same problem. I think it's just a glitch.

The same has happened to me but I belive you need to become guild master then that quest will be completely over and you can get rid of the journal. And Eilhal, those books are for quests try looking in your Miscellaneous file. or if youve done those quests then there might be a branching quest.

No, becoming guild master doesn't fix it. Unfortunately.

Beat people to death with it until this glitch is fixed.

by "I was on my way to sell it but then I took an arrow in the knee." do you (ghoul542) mean you sold it or are you joking???