Question from wndyctybearsfan

How do i get the markarth guards to stop trying to arrest me?

the guards keep trying to send me to jail. they dont attack me but every time i walk by one they stop me and it wont let me pay off my bounty or go to jail. I either have to fight them or if i accept "go to jail" nothing will happen. my dialogue box just keeps looping between "go to jail" and "whats the problem".How do i fix this? P.S. there are no other dialogue options above or below whats the problem.

Andrew_Wiggin asked for clarification:

Same here. And the Foresworn that are suppose to be friendly in the Reach attack on site too. I think this maybe be glitched/broken. If you saved close enough to the orginal arrest, try to kill the King of Rags.

wndyctybearsfan provided additional details:

I completed the forsworn quest days ago so its not that.

wndyctybearsfan answered:

I beleive I know what happend. I think I got caught killing somone in markarth during a Darkbrotherhood quest. For anyone else who has this problem I have tried everything I can think of and it seems to be un fixable, unless you reload to a point before the problem started. But the silver lining to this dark cloud is that you can really improve your sneak skill.
0 0

Answers

HybridThiesus answered:

If you were doing the forsworn quest, you need to go to jail to complete it.
0 0

COB_BONESAW answered:

I was experiencing the same problem. I had to reload to before I came out of the mine and I just let the Forsworn leader escape and now I have no problems
0 0

sglobensky answered:

Get a bounty for say killing a gaurd then yield it should work around it.
0 1

StarwarsIII answered:

It might be that you do not have money! I think you should try waiting for an update to this glitch. In the mean time just go to another city in skyrim because if you have a bounty in one city it won't affect the others. Or you can try to exit and then return to the city that might work... Just don't let it ruin your experience of the game!
0 0

Leeroy_Titanium answered:

Ok i had this same problem but i found out how to stop it!. go to the shrine that u meet the guy in during quest.the guards there will confront you as if you are still doing quest just tell em that you will come quitely. Now i had a bounty of a lot cause i took lil rage out on some guards but after i told him i would come quitely he confronted me agian and gave me option to pay bounty this time(it was over 10k...ooops).I payed off my bounty and boom no more problems with the guards but someone really needs to clean all these other dead guards up...
0 0

MacDaddyArdican answered:

I still have this problem and i've had it since i did the Conspiracy quest the night Skyrim came out! it hasn't impacted my game except the skill increases from killing guards every other day when i NEED to go to Markarth, and sometimes i get attacked by bounty hunters. but the only thing i can say is if going to the shrine didn't work deal with it you don't need to go to Markarth except for the Theives Guild and Molag Bol, and you can just kill all the guards when you get there. ***NOTE: I AM A GOOD CHARACTER MOSTLY*** But before you go on a rampage go to the shrine!
0 1