How do you get Mercer to open the Door?

1. I'm doing the quest "speaking with silence" and I'm at the door with the rings. Mercer frey is supposed to open the door but he just stands there. I waited and I've tried saving and reloading. He follows me around for other quests and ruins my Game!!!

User Info: nmongoose

nmongoose - 5 years ago
    I'm having exactly the same problem, Mercer is suining the game as he just follows me everwhere and is attacking everything while i try sneak through quests.

User Info: vandamagev2

vandamagev2 - 5 years ago
    Ok so nothings working....any new ideas?

User Info: nmongoose

nmongoose - 5 years ago

1. This bit can be a pain, he did this with me. You need to get him near the door and kind of keep prodding him around until he gets in the right spot to open it for you, Just keep Fus-Rah-Doh -ing him about and you should get him where you need him.

User Info: Soul_Decay

Soul_Decay - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. If you have any other followers with you then he wont open the door, or at least he wouldnt open the door for me until I told them all its time to part ways. Try that, then wait for an hour next to the door and see if that works.

User Info: ember_rae

ember_rae - 4 years ago 0 0