Question from DrippyDong22

How do you find shadowmere after he dies?

I was on the bridge going towards the mages college then all of sudden I'm off shadowmere and he's falling to his death..I waited 5-10 game days and still no sign...I'm tired of running people please help btw its on the 360

From: johnh21 3 years ago

Shadowmere is also in Oblivion and Oblivion is 200 years before Skyrim. So far as we all know, Shadowmere is at least 200 years old. In reality horses don't live long so I guess you can say he's immortal. Plus he can take more damage, regenerate his health and fall from heights that would break bones and survive. Shadowmere does respawn but sometimes he doesn't due to a glitch in the game.

I do not believe that he respawns,

He is a HORSE! Horses owned by you do not respawn, especially legendary horses.

He respawns in Oblivion but does not in Skyrim.

"Unlike the Shadowmere present in Oblivion, this version of Shadowmere is not Essential and can die. However, 15-20 days later, Shadowmere will respawn in the location of death." UESP.net

"If Shadowmere is killed, waiting in a main city for 10 days then returning to where he died should respawn him on both PC and console versions." elderscrolls.wikia.com

Yes Just FREAKIN YES PEOPLE!!! II AM BELIVE IT OR NOT VICE PRESIDENT OF UESPWiki AND I SPECILIZE IN THE DARK BROTHER HOOD, NO HE DOES NOT DISSAPEAR THAT IS NONSENSE WHY WOULD THE BEST HORSE IN THE GAME die AND NEVER RESAPWN. JONH21 IS RIGHT HE IS IMMORTAL SO HE CANT FULLY DIE. HIS LOCATION...The black pool of water also known as the entrace to the void.it is right in front of the entrance to the dark brotherhood. he can be found were u first found him.... in that black pool

Hey i went back to the black pool and he was not there anymore help you can give me?

well, i looked into it and the scripting for the shadowmere swaning in the black pool was a lost script.... sorry,but your best look is to look everywere around were shadowmere died cuase when he spawns he spawns at the place he died right? well what killed him? most likely he died by hostile enemies and so he killed them ,but the fight made him move away from the spot he died,so look EVERY were within a 1 mile radius in the game for him, if you cant find him... sorry. BUT if you dont know were he died, travel to every location on your map, even the nine hold stables and if you cant find him but REALLY need him back then NEVER fast travel again and maybe you will find him... at least you will have a bigger chance to find him than no chance at all am i right?

No, he does respawn. After about 10 in-game days he should automatically start following you again, so after 10 in-game days just fast travel to a stable or some cave and he should be following you.