How do I solve (Elder Knowledge)?

1. How do I find the Lexicon or wherever to get to activate the Elder Scrolls? I've been in Blackreach for some time now and I can't find anything.

User Info: qwweetrtr

qwweetrtr - 4 years ago
    All I'm finding are levers to Skyrim but since I didn't open the gate from the outside I can't get out so I'm just down here trying and trying to find the elder scrolls....

User Info: qwweetrtr

qwweetrtr - 4 years ago
    Since this won't let me remove it I'll say how I found the answer. There's a certain point as you explore more and more left of the map where you're at the top...the complete top...of the waterfall. Once you are there's a bridge. Once you cross it THEN the quest mark appears for you to follow to the elder scrolls. Simple from there.

User Info: qwweetrtr

qwweetrtr - 4 years ago

1. The levers to open those gates are on the inside, actually. Light a torch and look on the walls/corners.

I can't recall now, but I think the lexicon is in the actual city part under the huge orange ball. The room you're looking for has a huge ball in the floor. Put the scroll in the machine and the lexicon in the pedestal, then hit the button.

DO NOT forget to take the scroll. You'll go nuts later on trying to finish another quest lol

As an aside, hitting that giant orange ball over the city with Unrelenting Force triggers a dragon.

User Info: DrNewcenstein

DrNewcenstein (Expert) - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. You should get the lexicon from the quest giver north of Winterhold. Sorry, I forget his name thats where I got mine if I recall correctly

User Info: Nasur86

Nasur86 - 4 years ago 1 1
  2. You need to north of Winterhold to a place called Septimus Sigmus's Outpost. Talk to him and he will give you a lexicon. From there, follow the quest marker to a Dwemer ruin called Afltand. Proceed through the ruins until u walk into the middle of a fight between two people. make sure to loot both bodies because there is a unique shield called Targe of the Blooded. in the middle of that room there is a pedestal that opens up a hidden staircase when you activate it with the lexicon in your possession. From there head to Blackreach.

User Info: ryan-stocks

ryan-stocks - 3 years ago 1 1