Question from BasementZombie

Aela's outfit/armor?

I rather like Aela's armor, and I want to know if there's a way to get a set without, y'know, killing her.
Or can I get it at all? Because its not showing up in her inventory when I try pickpocketing her or try to trade with her as my follower.

jammymacster answered:

There are various ways to get the armour.

One is to progress far enough in the Companions quest-line that it becomes a craftable armour set at the Skyforge. You need to complete Glory of the Dead for it to become available.

Another method is to get the 100 pickpocketing perk Misdirection and pickpocket the armour from her. If you take all of it then another set will respawn on her later.

The final method is to marry her. If you marry her she opens a shop in your house and you can then buy the armour from her.

The protection the armour offers is equal to that of iron armour. It requires an iron ingot to temper it and relies on the Daedric Smithing perk to double the quality of improvement.
2 0

Answers

Eightyeight0880 answered:

I dont think you can lol iv tried several ways to get it myself. Now their is anctient nord armor scattered around skyrim its quite rare and most likely u will never find any but iv come actoss a anctient nord helmet and armor in the catacomb type areas (on drugr deathlords). Hope this helps.
0 1

Kaine999 answered:

After you finish the Companions Guild questline you can make it from leather, leather straps, iron ingots and steel ingots. But only at the Skyforge, same with Nord Hero weapons. The Companion's Smith will say something about "feeling like a brand new forge, or not having felt like this in decades" something with that gist.
For me, the armour was under my Daedric tag, and the weapons were under Draugr.
1 0

Dragour answered:

The armour type is Nord Hero, and as Kaine has said it can only be made at the Sky Forge after the Companions main quest is complete, it's under the Daedric tag for some reason but personally the Nord Hero and Ancient Nord have poor Armour Ratings
0 0

Taolan8472 answered:

The armor isn't that good on its own.

So what you need to do is follow This (www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/63399) smithing guide to make it worthwhile.

As previously stated, after you -COMPLETE- the Companions main quest string (not all the miscellaneous jobs you can take from them before/after) Eorlund Grey-Mane starts talking about how the Skyforge feels new again. At that point, special items will be unlocked at the Skyforge such as the Nord Hero arms and armor. Follow the above listed guide to max your smithing and upgrade the equipment to endgame level and enjoy!
0 0

6stringsoffire answered:

It's called Nord Hero Armor and becomes available for forging after you complete the Companions guild questline. Keep in mind the only place to forge it is the Skyforge in Whiterun (behind Jorrvaskr), and it's listed as Draugr in the list of items you can make. By the way, you can't buy it, only make it.
1 0

rockinggamer911 answered:

When you get level 100 in Pickpocketing, you can select a skill that allows you to steal equipped clothes.
0 0

rockinggamer911 answered:

It's not very practical anyway.
0 0

Where is aela ? Open murphy45693
Where did aela go? Open ooglopboy
Marrying Aela? Answered YungBo670
Where can I find Aela? Open jemindu
The wabbajack is useless on Aela? Open world426