Daedric Artifact in the Midden?

1. When searching around in the midden under the college of winterhold, I ran across the gauntlet with the oblivion symbol on it that allows you to activate each of the fingers separately.
    Basically what I'm asking is... what does it do?
    I didn't see any books nearby to explain it (like you do with the atronach forge) and I have gone through the whole game without seeing it mentioned anywhere else.
    (I completely forgot about this thing, then ran across it again on my second playthrough and remembered that i had never figured the thing out.)
    Anyway yeah, what does this thing do?

User Info: pastyD

pastyD - 4 years ago

1. There should be an Investigator's Notebook or somesuch in the same room with a key to a chest in the Arcaneum. The chest contains 4 rings. The rings go on the glove.

User Info: DrNewcenstein

DrNewcenstein (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0

1. Not an artifact, but rather a thing that summons a special Dremora. The nearby table has a key to a chest in the left side of the Arcaneum at the college. Put the 4 rings inside on the gloves to summon the Dremora.

User Info: WuldNaKest

WuldNaKest (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0