Question from link5642

How to get married?

Recently I decided to get married(Ive gotten money legit, until now I decided), and for some reason, Im kid you not, only men want to marry me. Please. Help. Meh.

link5642 provided additional details:

Also, being a Dark Elf doesn't affect any of it right?

link5642 provided additional details:

Yes, i'm like 99% sure I did a quest for this chick in Riften who works at Haelga's Bunkhouse(Expose her having s_x with a bunch of guys) her name is Svana Far Shield I think? But I found someone to marry, some chick in Riverwood. Thanks for the help guys.

remotecar3 answered:

From the wiki:

In Skyrim, you have the option of marrying an NPC, regardless of race or gender. In order to do so, you must complete the quest The Bonds of Matrimony, which involves speaking with Maramal about marriage, wearing an Amulet of Mara that signifies that you are available to be married, finding an NPC who also wishes to be married whose disposition towards you is high enough, agreeing to marry, and attending the wedding at the Temple of Mara. After the wedding, if you speak with your new spouse, you can determine where they live. If you own property, your spouse can move in with you. Alternatively, if your spouse owns property, you can move in with them. Spouses will also provide a variety of benefits after the marriage, such as homecooked meals.

tl;dr --Go to Riften> Enter Temple of Mara> Speak to Maramel to get amulet> find an npc you wish to marry> receive free stuff resulting from said marriage.
2 0

Answers

Kilostar answered:

Are you talking to npcs that are willing to marry in the first place? Ones you have completed tasks for previously? Because if not, they won't be inclined to marry you.
0 0

krilledit answered:

don't forget the only way to get divorced is to commit murder..... Remember well when you pick
0 0

WuldNaKest answered:

Maramal must be talked to, and can be found in either The Bee and Barb of Riften, or the temple of Mara in Riften. The dialogue I believe has to do with having a wedding there at the chapel. After you do, wearing any Amulet of Mara will trigger certain NPCs to act interested in you. An example of the NPC is someone who is single, and has been helped by you doing a quest for them. This doesn't require any quests at all, and you can be any race if you want to marry.
0 0

Aegisbreaker answered:

Ok just to let everyone know you can't marry whoever you want, there is only a small amount of people open for marrige in skyrim. Here is a link to a list of male and female NPCs that are availible for marrige.

www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Married#Achievements
0 0

moony143 answered:

You must go to Riften and find the Temple of Mara, when you go in there will be at least three people in there one of which is marmaal (don't know how to spell his name.) You talk to him then say 'can you tell me more about marriage.' (Something like that.) Then ask to buy a amulet of mara which is 200 gold. Equip it and find someone who is willing to marry you and there you go.
0 0

Why can't I get Married? Open bjaguar12
How do you get married, anyway? Answered Philos555
Is it possible to get re-married? Answered saitaria
Married? Answered murphy45693
How Do I Get Married? Open skyrim1991