Question from MadDog1205

How do I solve (Glory of the Dead-Kodlak's Funeral)?

I've completed Purity of Revenge and now Im supposed to attend kodlaks funeral but when i get to the skyforge nothing happens. I've tried reloading but the same thing happens and when I try to talk to one of the people there it just says 'this person is busy'. I know aela is supposed to start the eulogy but she doesnt say anything and neither do the others. Anyway to fix this?

MadDog1205 provided additional details:

Thanks but that didn't work either..

SatoruMasamune answered:

I was stuck on this bug too, and it wasn't until another quest led me back to the location (the name of the place escapes me at the moment) where you underwent Purity of Revenge. The Silver Hand guys had respawned since it had been several in-game months since I'd completed the quest. I took them all out again, finished up my quest, and was halfway to Dawnstar to pick up some new Dark Brotherhood contracts when the idea hit me to check Jorrvaskr.

Sure enough, Aela started up the funeral when I approached the Skyforge, and I was finally able to finish the quest.

Long story short: do other stuff for a while, then revisit the Silver Hand guys' hideout to see if they've respawned. If they have, kill 'em. If they haven't, go do more stuff. Check back every once in a while, and take them out when they respawn.
0 0

Answers

Gryphon99 answered:

Try waiting for 24 hours. Some of the members of the Companions wander out into Skyrim and might need to return before the funeral can start.
0 0

siege924 answered:

Are you still on Glory of the Dead? Has the quest been completed or is it ongoing? Is Kodlak still lying dead in front of the HQ?
0 0