Question from AnimeKid1089

Why is my Ebony Armor weaker than my Orcish Armor?

Here is what i did with my Orcish equipment:
1.) I enchanted my body Armor with 25% reduce in cost for Destruction and Restoration
2.) My Gauntlets have "Increase Heavy Armor skill by 25 points" and "Increase Carrying Capacity by 37 points"
3.) My Helmet has the same effect as my Armor
4.) My Orcish Boots have 37 Resistance to Frost and Fire.
5.) I have the perk "Matching Set" in the Heavy Armor skill and the Juggernaut perk is at 4/5
6.) I also had iron Armor that has a Smithing improvement ability that i used to get my Orcish Armor to legendary even though my Smithing level was at 64. i am now at 80

Now, i put all the same exact enchantments on my newly created Ebony Armor equipment, I then equipped my "Smithing armor" and improved all Ebony parts to legendary, and I equipped them all.

For some reason, when I equip my Orcish Armor, it has a total Armor rating of 540, but when i equip all of my Ebony armor and stuff, it has a total armor rating of 522.

Why? Shouldn't it be stronger? I also noticed that when I have equipped my Orcish Armor, and looked at the Ebony armor set's statistics, it shows it WOULD have a total armor rating of almost exactly 600.

bluedragon619 asked for clarification:

Did you make the armour yourself or buy it? If you bought it and don't have the ebony smithing perk then this would be why

AnimeKid1089 provided additional details:

Hello, people. i did say CREATED Ebony Armor, which means I made it, not bought it. And i'm not so stupid that i can't tell the difference between left and right. And I already had the Ebony perk when i was making the armor.

baratron answered:

You're not the first person to notice this. It's been suggested that there's a bug in Ebony Armor which means it doesn't get the Matching Set bonus: www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Armor#Question_about_Orcish_vs_Ebony_armor
0 0

Answers

Indianawinny answered:

If you bought it it will be weaker.........but the problem........ it happens with my daedric(Made myself) armour also gets less when i enchant it. Hope this helped :D
0 0

chris764 answered:

i was wonderin the Same thing until i noticed this as well that i could do the same with the orc armour but not ebony sh_t no matter how much i brought the ebony stuff up to with my smithing equipment but basically what they said(points up) u need the ebony smithing perk which u can get when u get ur smithing up to like 80 i think and just make sure u go up the right side of the skill tree. and probably why u can make the orc armour better cause u already have the perk on that then u just need a couple more to get to the ebony perk.
0 0