Question from dragon72cem

Npcs pick up items?

I was killing everyone in whiterun in werewolf form for fun and then i got killed and then one of the guards stole my staff of magnus and started using it , another time i was killing necromages and my follower took a staff off a dead mage and started dual wielding it with a sword, i didnt tell her to loot the body she just took it automatically, do all npcs take weapons that are better than their current one, or only in combat?

Answers

olcharlieboi answered:

Eh kinda, i have seen things like this happen in my game but not alot, it not normally happens though it will happen time to time, though i have had once i droped items in a town then some random person came up to me asking if she could have the stuff i dropped so there is some times no telling what the npcs will do.
0 0

How do you pick items up to move them around? Answered otakon2006
How do I get NPCs to like me? Open Kynrasian
Putting pots on NPCs? Answered JPhoenix985
Pick pocketing ? Answered LordNeoBahamut
Can i get a preist mask back if i didnt pick it up when i killed it? Open Zeno1239