Question from pastyD

Elder Scroll Removal?

So, I had already finished the main quest before beginning Dawnguard.
In the course of the DG quest line, you need to use the Elder Scroll you acquired during the course of the main game.
I had already sold this scroll to the Orc librarian at the College of Winterhold, so I just had to buy it back from him.
Now that I'm done with the scroll again, is there a way to get rid of the scroll again?
I don't have to option to sell it back to him so the scroll is just kind of there in my inventory and I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

pastyD provided additional details:

I offered the scrolls to the moth priest and he took the Sun and Blood off of me, but left the Dragon.
I guess this makes sense, in case the player hadn't finished the Alduin quest line yet.
But considering I've already done that, and many people have, I would expect that the developers put a way to get rid of this scroll again.

rx54 answered:

There is no way you can remove the Elder Scroll (Dragon) from your inventory, however although it says it weighs something it does not in fact, as it is a quest item and quest items weigh nothing. If you want proof, remove everything from your inventory and you will notice that the Elder Scroll (Dragon) does in fact weigh absolutely nothing. I thought the same thing at first, that it was wasting my inventory space, but even though it says it was 20 it really weighs 0. It is stuck in your inventory for good however.
1 0

Answers

animalxer42 answered:

After beating the main quest for the Dawnguard, the moth priest asks you what you are going to do with the scrolls. You can give him at least the sun and blood scrolls, haven't checked to see if you can give him dragon or not.
0 0

taka3000000o answered:

Yea i can't even get rid of the Sun and Blood scrolls but if they don't weigh me down then w/e don't really mind
0 0

Elder scroll? Open alexwood911
What do you do with the elder scroll? Answered audiguy420
What do i use elder scroll for ? Answered beaupatterson
How to drop the Elder Scroll? Answered DarkSaister
Can I get rid of the Elder scroll? *SPOILERS* Answered Kausa