Question from xonubbyyox

Skyrim 1.8 patch fixes alchemy exploit even after deleting the title update?

Hey guys I tried to start a new character build for the new Dragonborn dlc that's coming out on Dec 4, and I was planning on using the alchemy exploit to get some awesome gear prior to playing through the dlc. I noticed that this was patched with the new 1.8 update that came out on November 16. I really wanted to make use of this exploit so I went to my hardrive and deleted the title update for skyrim as well as clearing my system cache on my hardrive. I knew I would have to start a new game because of the "this game was created on a newer version of skyrim" crap. I went all the way through until level 8 on a new save whilst playing offline so I wouldn't have the update. After gathering all the alchemy supplies and leveling my enchanting and alchemy a bit a tried it again. AND IT DIDN'T WORK. I'm wondering, did Bethesda somehow bypass the xbox update system and leave a permanent patch on my game? Does anyone know how to still do this glitch with the 1.8 update or with it deleted?

p.s. I've done this exploit many times before on previous saves before the 1.8 update so I know how to do it correctly

xonubbyyox provided additional details:

Okay that's strange.... That last part you mentioned about making new alchemy gear after the enchantments stop getting stronger with the restoration potions, I thought that when you remove the gear then re-equip it after drinking the potion that the new enhanced enchantments on the gear become permanent so they keep going up every time you drink a restoration potion without you actually having to make new alchemy gear? or is that the part they patched? I'm going to go try it how you mentioned with making new alchemy gear after the potions' effects start overlapping and report back here with results. Thanks for the help!

DrNewcenstein answered:

That's funny, I've got 1.8 and the alchemy exploit works just fine. Might take a bit longer than it used to, but it works fine for me.

They may have tried to patch it, resulting in the need for a different method? The way I did it was:
-Make Fortify Resto potion wearing as much alchemy gear as I could find
-Drink potion
-Remove and re-equip alchemy gear
rinse and repeat

This last part - remove and re-equip the gear - seems to make a huge difference for me, as it increases the gear's ability exponentially. Depending on how fast you cycle everything (from creating the potion to backing out of the alchemy screen to drinking it to cycling your gear on/off), you should be able to get 4 resto potions active before they start dying, resulting in no additional gain (potion #5 replaces #1, #6 replaces #2, etc).
When you reach the point of no gain, cook up an echanting potion, then drink it at the enchanting altar before enchanting your new alchemy gear.

Repeat everything (new Resto potion, drink, cycle gear, etc) until you get your enchanting potions in the range you want without the resto potion being active (Wait to let it wear off).
2 0

Answers

xonubbyyox answered:

@DrNewcenstein Okay that's strange.... That last part you mentioned about making new alchemy gear after the enchantments stop getting stronger with the restoration potions, I thought that when you remove the gear then re-equip it after drinking the potion that the new enhanced enchantments on the gear become permanent so they keep going up every time you drink a restoration potion without you actually having to make new alchemy gear? or is that the part they patched? I'm going to go try it how you mentioned with making new alchemy gear after the potions' effects start overlapping and report back here with results. Thanks for the help!
0 0