Review by kevizy

"One of the finest games I've ever seen"

This game will literally take your life away. You will be sucked into this world, once you get interested in it. All you need to do is to turn on the console or pc and plug in your controller or keyboard in and play away. Since this game gives a vast array of things to do, you have the freedom to do as you please. You can go to different villages and butcher everyone in there. Or you can make your own weapons, trade them in to different merchants for a profit. The choice is yours. There are a lot of dungeons to loot goods from dead people. Let's start with the basics:

Gameplay:
There are hundreds and thousands of hours that you can put into. Aside from the main quest, there are tons of side quests to do. This means that you can do a lot of quests without ever touching the main quest. Many side quests involves clearing out dungeons, killing dragons, delivering items to people, etc. Different guilds exists, like the Dark Brotherhood (Assassins), The Companions (Fighters), Thieves Guild (Thieves-- Self explanatory in the title), and the Mage (Wizards). They have their own questlines. 9/10

Controls:
The controls for this game is confusing. But once you learn the controls (Which takes a while to learn), it's easy to control this game. Dual weapons uses one for each button. Dual magic uses one spell for each button. This uses the same buttons for weapons. 7/10

Graphics:
Skyrim is a graphically beautiful game. Everything looks nice. Trees, buildings, animals, cities, etc. looks amazing. Even the people in this game are detailed. Once on a mountaintop, breathtaking views will captivate you because everything in sight looks awesome. This game has the best graphics I have ever seen. 10/10

Replayability:
This is where the game shines the most. If your character was a Dark Elf on your first playthrough, you can choose to do an Imperial or some other race. Rather than trying to do the main questine first, you can join different guilds. Or simply, you can just wonder around. This is the least scripted game I have ever played. 10/10

Story:
The main questline is where the game struggles the most. You are about to be arrested until a dragon shows up and you and some other guy escape. Afterwards, you have some special powers that you absorb after killing a dragon. The initial questline seems a bit silly but I got into it after a while. I find the Civil war between the Imperial Legion and Stormcloak Rebellion more interesting than the main questline. 6/10

I think I may have over exaggerated the pros of this game. This is the only con I was able to find. I had to go to different merchants once I had excessive loot. Some merchants only sell one type of category (Weapons, Potions, Food, etc). This took away a big chunk out of my game time. Other than that, I found this game nearly flawless and something that can stick around for a long period of time. I have never played previous elder scrolls games, but I probably would never touch them after playing this one.

Overall:
9.5/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/13/12

Game Release: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (US, 11/11/11)