Question from donnbobhardy

Questions about monster consumption?

1) If I feed a monster to another, will I be able to find another of that kind?

2) Can I hold more than one of the same type of monster at the same time?

3) If the consumption of a monster would result in having more than 10 passive abilities, can you choose which ones to keep?

Nadezhda_ answered:

Yes you can, this includes rare monsters such as Don Tonberry

No, with the exception of Chocobos, you can as many of the same color as you want!

no, and it isn't random! if you look at your monsters passive abilities, the ones that are lower listed will be forgotten first! However if your monster is infused with a monster that has the same ability, the ability would be locked, a great strategy for monster building! I.E. your miniflan has Strength +16% and you infuse it with a chocobo that has strength +16%, the miniflans strength+16% will gain a yellow padlock next to it, meaning it cannot forget this ability.
1 0

Answers

TrevorJenks92 answered:

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't know
0 1

GoronDude answered:

1) Yes, all you have to do is find that monster in battle and defeat it.

2) No, if you already have the monster with you, you cannot get the crystal when defeating it.

3) I don't think you can... But if you fuse the monster with an ability twice, it becomes high priority over the other abilities. See more here: www.gamefaqs.com/boards/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/61502869
1 0

dreathik answered:

2. I have two chocobo's in my inventory the stats are a wee bit different
0 0

deimonsor answered:

1) what every monster is fed to its the one lost.
2) chocobo's are the only monsters u can get multiples of because they are also used for racing.
3)the passive abilitys are random if you look when your infusing them if the skill has a lock beside it the skill cant be carried over other then that. thats about all there is to know about monster infusing and capturing :D enjoy
2 2

AethelwolfRos answered:

You might be able to have multiple monsters of the same type, or at least you can continuelly keep regetting it after infusing one, ive had that low level slug medic like 4 times, and ive used it to booster other medics, you can have multiple types if the role is better, i have three catuars. commando and medic(both small) and gigantuar(syn, the purple role, its mega frieken huge)
0 0

gurvmlk answered:

In addition to what Nadezhda said about question 3, passive abilities also have natural tiers which decide their placement in the listing. This can cause certain abilities to become unlearnable even if you infuse because the monster may have too many passives that take precedence. For example, when I was working on a chocobo team my Blue Chocobo became unable to learn Pack Mentality because it already had 10 skills that all took precedence over Pack Mentality, even when not locked. Because of that, even if I infused it with a monster that could pass on Pack Mentality, it would automatically be knocked off the list of inherited skills.

Also, in addition to answers you've received about question 1, from what I've heard anyway you cannot re-obtain monsters recruited by use of Improved Mog Throw.
1 0

Leonguard answered:

Nadezhda and gurvmlk are both correct.
For question one, the only monsters you can't get again because they are not encountered again are:
-Twilight Odin
-Cactuarama
-Cacturina
-Chichu
-Leyak
-Nanochu
-Rangda
-Silver & Gold Chocobos
-Gigantuar (It is possible to get him up to 3 times but you CANNOT fight all 3 stones at once, if you fight all 3, the stones will be locked and never unlock even with reversal. So, you can fight the first stone, capture him, infuse him with something else, and repeat up to 3 times. You can only fight each stone ONCE as it locks once you defeat him.)
0 0