How do I get Vouivre to spawn?

1. I'm working on the bestiary sidequest and the next enemy on my list is the Vouivre. I have the strategy guide so I did exactly as it said - I went to the Archlyte Steppe, I made the weather sunny, and I'm running around the Plains of Eternity. I have the fragment skill that increases monster spawn rate, and I have Battlemania activated even though the guide says it's not useful in this instance. I even tried the Sanctorium and still no luck.

Is there some sort of trick to this? I've been running around for two hours and I've gotten a regular Chocobo to spawn, but not the Vouivre. Any help would be appreciated.

User Info: Kurayami_Hikari

Kurayami_Hikari - 4 years ago

1. I would check where the Long Gui is, i couldn't get away from them in that section. One thing that i learned is that the book sucks. Just because it says a specific weather for a creature, doesn't mean that is the only one it will appear in. So if you are unable to beat the Long Gui then change the weather to rainy or cloudy and spend a few minutes there trying to find it, that is what i did.

User Info: gamingrat

gamingrat (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0

1. I suppose I ended up being lucky, but try running around just west of the cluster of cacti that surround the only green cactuar statue on that side of the map. That's exactly where I encountered him. I also had Battlemania and Higher Encounters on. Good luck.

User Info: ImmortalEntityX

ImmortalEntityX - 4 years ago 0 0