Question from Latias007

Why is the Silver/Gold chocobo so much better for races?

Pretty much, as far as I can tell, the only difference between the silver/gold chocobo and the other chocobos is that the maximum level for the s/g chocobo is 45. Also, those annoying passives on the other chocobos can be very easily removed by monster infusion.

In chocobo races, as far as I know, the highest grade for either stat (speed / stamina) is A, which is achieved by a strength / magic rating of higher than 700. Most of the other chocobos can get more than 700 on both of their strength / magic stats. So, their racing stats shouldn't be any different, right?

So then, why are the silver and gold chocobos regarded so much higher than the other chocobos for racing?

I think it is because of their natural abilities on the track that they are better.

The Gold Chocobo is a good racer but has the ablitiy of "The Marathoner" to improve stamina for long distance races. While the Silver on has "Dark Horse" and "Blue Streak". The silver on is a better off because the cut off for class a is 800 and the silver is spot on for both magic (Stamina) and strength (Speed). You won't have any trouble for racing them until you get to the Fal'Cie class. The official guide that I have says that the best one that you can do is silver one but you will have to infuse it with other monsters to get different skills to out last the Fei'Cel class.

Wish you luck on your racing.

The main reason they are considered better is because of the level 45 cap instead of 99. Cheaper to get going. Everything else being equal, a yellow chocobo would work just as well as silver or gold.

I thought 800 was the max for the stats.. /shrug