Question from SSJ6Link

Final Fantasy XIII save file?

I don't have a final fantasy xiii save file on my system. Do have to have a save file at the start of ffxiii-2 to get the extra items, or am I able to get them when I make the save file when i am in the middle of the game?

SSJ6Link provided additional details:

will it work if I buy it from the 360 online store?

CallMeBanjo answered:

I think for the most part gamingrat says "I think for the most part" too often, I think for the most part.
He is correct, however. You MUST have the FFXIII save on your console BEFORE you begin your new save file of FFXIII-2. This is not speculation; when purchasing the game I started playing it on my Gamertag (where I had lots of FFXIII achievements) but on a friend's Xbox with no FFXIII save. I didn't receive the Eternal Crystal, not even when I resumed the save on my Xbox with the FFXIII data. I had to start a completely new game to get the Eternal Crystal.
0 0

Answers

gamingrat answered:

I think for the most part you have to have the file before you start the game for the most part.
0 0