Question from Genzen

Purpose of Closing Gates?

Hello,

Every so often, I get the ability to close gates. It seems like all it does is reset that zone as though I never played through it.

I'm wondering, is there a point to this, other than just to re-experience the zone?

If there is a purpose, does it matter if/when I Close them, or can I just ignore that aspect of the game for now, play through 'till I reach the end, then go back through it to do... whatever it is that Closing Gates does?

Ayla_Rain answered:

The point of closing gates during the game is to re-play sections in order to get anything you may have missed (fragments usually).

The main reason to close gates is after you have finished the main storyline. Closing certain gates will reveal (upon playing through that time again) different 'Paradox Ending's', which reveal extra scenes that may have happened if the story was played differently... I hope that made sense! Best thing is just to finish the main story and look at a Faq to help show you where to close gates.

Its not essential to do but its fun to see certain dreary outcomes! (Also you receive fragments for doing so)
0 0

Answers

IllusionsInc answered:

Play through to the end, then after you've gained the Paradox Scope (gained from the Chocobo Sage Woman in Seredipity), go back and try closing gates with it activated and you might gain different story events/battles.
0 0