Is the Durable Collector's Catalog reliable for hunting rare item drops?

1. Since the Durable Collector's Catalog increases the odds for both common item drops, and rare item drops, I was wondering if that's a good choice for hunting rare item drops specifically, or if it would be more fruitful to remove that and use a monster with the ability that increases the rare drop rate (the exact name of the ability escapes me at the moment) so the common drop rate stays at default.

User Info: gurvmlk

gurvmlk - 4 years ago
    After playing the game through several hours following the posting of this question, I've deduced that the Durable Collector's Catalog is indeed effective at hunting rare items without having common items get in the way. Enemies can clearly drop their share of both their rare and common items simultaneously, so the two don't seem to get in the other's way.

User Info: gurvmlk

gurvmlk - 4 years ago

1. Its hard to tell for sure either way- so why don't you try both ways and see which is more fruitful?

Personally, i found the durable collector's catalog very effective in hunting rare items. But see what you prefer :)

User Info: Ayla_Rain

Ayla_Rain (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0