Why are there no Chocobos?

1. In the Archylte Steppes, I've completed the storyline objective but, there are still no Chocobos to be ridden. I can capture them just fine but,I can't find the ones to ride?

User Info: thenagan

thenagan - 4 years ago

1. You need to activate all five Cactuar Waystones found on the Archylte Steppe. One of them needs to be found in Windy weather, which will teleport you to the Clearwater Marshes on the side of the Steppe you can't reach without Chocobo/Anti-Grav Jump. The other two need to be found in various weather conditions.
    Once you unlock all five of the Waystones, talk to the lady next to the Chocobo Pen to be able to ride them.
    Consult a FAQ.

C-A

User Info: CatMuto

CatMuto (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0

1. Did you talk to the person next to the Chocobo pen? If memory serves, they give you an item and you then gain the ability to hitch a ride on any Chocobo you find.

User Info: pyromite

pyromite - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. I think that you have to knock off the Giant Cactuars first. I went around there for hours trying to get them and I think that's what triggered them. If not, try every quest there and see if they pop up.

User Info: IllusionsInc

IllusionsInc - 4 years ago 0 0