Question from mrcasual13

Other roles?

Either being under leveled or lack of strategy, I fought this one Sob for like ten minutes just to be destroyed. I had a Medic monster, but wasn't really enough :/ Are Synergist/Saboteur roles worth investing in, or just using monters? Same with Medic.

destrian522 answered:

You definitely don't want a Medic monster, so you should unlock Med for both of them and learn some abilities. Definitely unlock and level Sab for Serah. You'll want to do the same for Noel fairly early (especially if you are going for a full strength build for him). Sab monsters are terrible. Noel also wants early Syn for helpful -ga defensive buffs. They are handy in tough fights. Serah can ignore Syn for most of the game. Syn monsters are amazing, though. You can get away with a Cloudburst/Goblin Chieftain combo with heavy Feral Link usage but the best Paradigm Pack is Com/Rav/Syn. Bravery and Faith are much more powerful than they were in the last game and make a huge difference. Enspells work the same way but they are still the strongest damage boosters in the game.
0 0

Answers

CatMuto answered:

SAB and SYN are good roles to invest in, especially for Sera as she gets the majority of the debuffs and having yourself in control of what debuff to stick on first can be very helpful during certain battles. SYN is good, although Faith and Bravery and En-spells are abilities only found on monsters.

Personally, I saw no real reason to get a SAB or SYN monster, as Sera and Noel did a well enough job for my liking.

C-A
0 0