Question from GodlikeTempus

How do I solve Welcome To The Pit?

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to block everything.

GodlikeTempus provided additional details:

Okay. well I must be messing up the timing then. Because I can't seem to get them to stay blocked.

Kaylila answered:

Ok hope this helps.

Block the 9/9 Trample with a Bloodghast.
Block 1/1 with your guy who can be sacroficed to gain life
Block a Wurm with your 7/7
Block other wurm with the last Vamp.

Then Using the creature that is blocking the 9/9 activate its ability and sacrifice EVERY CREATURE on the field. A creature that is sacrificed after being declared as a blocker with still block the damage after it is sacrificed. Once you do that the Vamp on the 9/9 should also be a 9/9.

All your creatures will die but you will take no damage. At the beggining of your upkeep your Enchantment Mortal Combat will win you the game because you know have 20 creatures in your graveyard.

Good Luck!
3 0

Answers

kaos_effect answered:

Block Colossus of Sardia with a Bloodthrone Vampire
Block 1 Craw Wurm with the other Bloodthrone Vampire
Block the other Craw Wurm with Death Cultist
Block Raging Goblin with Lord of the Pit

Once you have assigned blockers, press Y to continue, immediately press X to stop the timer, now the blockers are locked in, sacrifice Mortivore, Lord of the Pit, Death Cultist and the Bloodthrone Vampire that is blocking the Craw Wurm to the Bloodthrone Vampire that is blocking the Colossus, you will take no damage and in your next upkeep you win
2 0

xxxBadKittenxxx answered:

Kalilah, it is called a bloodthrone not a bloodgast, completely different! But Kaos_Effect has it right for anyone who needs help =)
0 0

bigbird12341234 answered:

The way I came up with, that I know would have been valid back when I was playing Magic, was this:

Block the Colossus with LotP and a BV.
Block a Craw Wurm with a BV.
Block the other Craw Wurm with the DC.
Sac the Mortivore to beef the Colossus's BV.
Sac the DC to get to 2 health, so the goblin doesn't kill me.

But EVERY TIME I try this, I fail. Either I assign blockers, then, when I have the priority timer running out I pause and do the sacking, which lets the Craw Wurm through for some reason, or I assign blockers then let the priority timer run out in case before sacking I need to pass priority once with new rules or something, but either way it doesn't work.

Is there some reason sacing the Death Cultist after blocking with it would let the Craw Wurm though? Have rules changed that much since Ravinica? I thought after you block you can do whatever you'd like unless they have trample, that's what the solution above seems to take advantage of. So why doesn't this work?

EDIT: The Craw Wurm's arrow was pointing at me, but it didn't do damage to me, so I shouldn't have kept restarting thinking it was glitched. However, I forgot how LotP worked, I confused him with another creature that was sac a creature every turn. Whoops.
0 0