Question from ArkhamInmate9

I need help deciding between Far Cry 3 and Hitman: Absolution?

I have not played any of the previous Far Cry or Hitman games. I enjoy being stealthy but not the whole time. I enjoy freedom of choice (not being set on a single, must complete path). Open World such as Arkham City are what I like. Please provide SOLID SPOILER-FREE INFORMATION of what you think I should get. Even though this is a Far Cry 3 page please do not answer if you only have information about Far Cry. Thank you

mecca30uk answered:

Far cry 3 by a mile mate, hitman is ok, but nowhere near as good a game as far cry3, totally open world, unlike hitman which is open with many paths but still linear, and its a bit easy.
hitman will only last you a day
far cry will last you 40 hours if you play everything through and find everything, hell its fun just walking about doing nothing!!!

far cry has lots of stealth!!!!
0 1

Answers

Mirthless79 answered:

FC3. Map editor, multiplayer co-op, one heck of a story, 1 million ways to kill enemies.
0 0

ppettie answered:

I have both games and they are both very fun games. Hitman is linear but provides lots of replayability. So It definitely won't last you only a day. That information is false. Each mission contains challenges which requires you to replay missions using different methods. Hitman also has a Contracts mode which will provide tons of extra contracts you can play that are created by other players and the developers of the game. Far Cry 3 is like the love baby of Just Cause and Fallout. It's a massive open world with main quests and side missions. Far Cry allows for stealth as well as Hitman but in Hitman your score will be penalized for killing non-targets and not using stealthy methods. Far Cry 3 has mulitplayer but it's nothing that hasn't been done before (Call of Duty, Max Payne, etc). Hitman is a bit competitive and will compare your scores to other people around the world and people on your friends list in an attempt to keep you better your games. Hitman will last you just as long as Far Cry so it just boils down to which game you'd want more. If you wanna play guns-a-blazing, go with Far Cry 3. If you prefer to be challenged and creative go with Hitman: Absolution. (It's also interesting to note that Hitman has more and a better selection of weapons than Far Cry which is a bit weird.)
0 0

jul320 answered:

Both, of course.
0 0