Question from flint9250

Died during wanted dead poster mission?

So I was in the middle of a wanted dead mission (the temple of stone one) and I bit the dust. Now I'm not sure if I actually killed the commander or not (I forgot honestly) and when I died and respawned there was no blue skull to retry the mission. Can I redo the mission somehow, or am I outta luck as far as 100% completion now?

OnePolishGuy answered:

If you kill the commander in any other way than with a knife, it counts as a failure and you spawn in a checkpoint outside the camp. From what it sounds like, the game dropped the mission entirely and you would have to restart the mission through the poster again.
0 0

Answers

shaboo_de answered:

If there is no blue skull to retry the mission, then you've definitely successfully completed the mission. You can fail, abort and restart a mission as often as you like and it will be offered you again and again and will only become unavailable by successful completion.
0 0

Virtual_Erkan answered:

If you died without killing the general then you will respawn close to a hub. If you killed him with anything besides knife then you will restart the mission. If you killed him and died, the mission is a success already.
0 0

guitarman324 answered:

Sometimes if I die on the way to the wanted dead location, I respawn at either the nearest radio tower or outpost. If you don't see the skull on the map, then there is a chance that the mission could still be active. Check your minimap for the objective marker, it may lead you right back to the wanted dead area to complete the mission.
0 0

yoshi09 answered:

What always happens when you die or fail a mission is that you spawn near the area of the mission, the reason why the blue marker isn't showing up is either because you are still in the mission or you completed it, check on the map to see if there is still the yellow marker for the mission, if there is and you go there and the pirates are still there then you are still doing the mission, if not then you probably completed it already
0 0