Question from zekouse

Do you need Xbox Live to use the Kinect Library?

I have Kinect hooked up, on and everything else but when I say 'analyse' or 'scan' during the campaign nothing happens. I know my Kinect works because I've used it on the dashboard a few times. I DO NOT have Xbox Live so do you need it to used the Library? Is there somesort of setting that I missed on the dashboard that will let the Kinect voice recognition work in-game? Last question, I have a headset with a mic but no way to hook up to controller yet (Logitec F540) but after I get it hooked up it'll work the same as if not having a mic right?

zekouse provided additional details:

Shockwave_S08
After I press start from the Main Menu at the title screen I don't get the Kinect option. All I have is Controls and Video.
There's nothing I need to do from the Dashboard right?
I've got all the Kinect settings on but it still doesn't show up.

zekouse provided additional details:

Is there somesort of delay????
I've been searching the internet while my games at the main menu and i saw a (Y) Kinect Tuner option appear.
I pressed start to go to the options but got the same result as before???????? See above.

Answers

Shockwave_S08 answered:

At the Settings Menu in Halo Anniversary (after pressing Start at the main menu), select Kinect, and make sure that 1) Kinect Voice Recognition is enabled, and 2) that the Kinect Voice Language setting is at your preferred native language.

And no, standard headset mics will NOT work with Anniversary's Kinect voice commands.
0 0