Question from GT5_Lover_JC

High Definition T.V. for split screen playing:i have it,but...?

It's not letting me play with my bro,since i can't find any options to do so. Do i need to have two Xboxlive accounts? i'd love a confirmed answer.

Thanks guys!! The Turismo Kitty

GT5_Lover_JC provided additional details:

Pressing start on the second controller during gameplay does nothing,my T.V. is HDMI,and yet there is no option to put it HDTV anywhere in the menu of my XBOX360. i'm not trolling,i'm missing pieces of information.

None of these options work. i did what you both told me--maybe i'm missing important bits of info. i need a confirmed answer. not just bits and pieces.

waffleman629629 asked for clarification:

My minecraft split screen wont work even though i have my hdmi cable plugged into the xbox 360. What do I do?

Fir3b411 asked for clarification:

Ya I HAD that problem but change Ur console settings view to 1080i

Fir3b411 asked for clarification:

Gt5 go to system setting then console settings then HD settings set it to 1080i in console settings

baconluver answered:

I believe that if you go to settings in the game, there will be a split screen option under one of the buttons
2 0

Answers

alext18 answered:

As long as you're not online he should be able to use a non-live account. If online then you'll have to have him sign on as a guest or something to enable it. As for having him actually in the game there's no real option for it however during the game press start on the second controller.
1 3

Shadowfan97 answered:

You have to go to your Xbox's settings and put it in HDTV Mode.
1 3

krnfrk6663 answered:

Make sure you have the duel av/hd wire connect or an hdmi. I know, stupid suggestions, but I had the new console I got come with just a standard av cord. Otherwise, when you start a game, make sure you're signed in and the second controller is on. When you go to start the game, it should have you sign in.
1 0

TheRizerNizer89 answered:

Hello i play minecraft multiplayer a lot i know wat 2 do u hav 2 hav a hdmi cable Step 2 plug one side of the hdmi cable 2 ur xbox and the other side 2 your hdmi tv step 3 go on minecraft and start a world and there you go :D player 2 must login with a xbox live or non xbox live account and press start on the controller And thats it That shound answer your queston :D have a great time on multiplayer with ur bro :D
1 0

d-man202 answered:

You need to push both left and right sticks on the unplaying controller to have a splitscreen game.
1 1

jasdeep99 answered:

Go to the system settings and display settings and put the xbox in HD. Then go in game and press start with another controller signed in to a profile.
2 0

Inadvertant answered:

To play split screen with Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition on your HDTV, follow these steps.
Sign in on your profile and start up Minecraft.
Have your brother sign in on his account. He does not require an Xbox Live Gold account, so long as you make sure you do not have the "Online Game" box checked
Either create a new world or load up one of your old saves. If your brother is not an Xbox Live Gold member, then the "Online Game" option should be unchecked by default and greyed out. From there start the game as normal.

If you are still unable to play splitscreen, then make sure you have the proper HD cables going from your Xbox 360 to your HDTV.
1 0

mutigerfan1 answered:

You need a HDMI cord to play.
2 1

master1assassin answered:

I had the same problem, I had an HDTV, and an hdmi cord but couldn't seem to find anything online to help me but I read this and jasdeep99 is right. I went to the Xbox system settings, found display, then changed the resolution option to optimal resolution and it worked when I tried to play again.
1 0

Stantheman226 answered:

I'm having the same problem but on PS3.. Can anyone help me??
1 0

GRUELINGR00K4 answered:

Dude ll tell you, you need two xboxlike accounts and hd and 2 controllers so then tell your bro to press start then itll tell him to use an acount guest or his sighn in then your done
1 0

GRUELINGR00K4 answered:

Friend me this is my xbox live acount name
1 0

FAQSpro answered:

You need to hook up your Xbox into an HDMI/HDTV port.
1 0

SnapBeast192 answered:

you need 1)HDTV 2)HDMI Cord and finally 3) 2 xbox controllers then you need to sign in on a off/online account then (If offline then make The "Online Game" checkSpace empty then start the game up and then on the 2nd Controller press start twice then it will be 2 player (Trust me i do this when it doesn't work)
1 0

Fir3b411 answered:

Ya make sure also that the screen in console settings is set to 1080i
0 0

How do i get to split screen? Answered yubob9
What is the max number of items on screen? Open Craxin01
Can you get to the giant "minecraft" at the top of the screen? Answered LeviCelJir
Are these signs of Herobrine? Open Shadowykitten
Do want to help? Unanswered Awesomeness101