Question from selkie210

Asked: 1 year ago

Why can't my Xbox play GTA V?

I have an original Xbox, it plays every other game fine, but on startup of GTA, it gives me an "unrecognizable disk" error

You have to install the game first with the other disc, if you have then I don't know sorry.

So here's the deal same thing happened to me, what it was is the factory sent out some faulty disks... luckily i bought the replacement plan ( i always do as i have a lab that loves to steal and chew cases from my shelving) and the guy at gamestop told me i was the 8th person that day to bring it back for the same reason. i hate to break it to you, but if you didn't get the protection plan on it your screwed and have to buy another copy. =\

I heard it takes a lot of space up. my 360 was fine with it. plus, you have to download disc 2 first or disc one wont work. and whenever, I get the unrecoganizable disc error, its usually because I left the disc in the xbox by accident .