Which enemies drop the Infinity pistols?

1. There are many different variations of the Infinity pistol (Rapid, Patriot, etc.), and i've been asking around and searching online, but I cannot get a straight answer out of anyone, because nobody seems to know where this legendary pistol drops from. Anybody know the answer? I've heard people say that it's a random drop from Doc Mercy, but i've also heard that he is a drop from any of the bosses.

User Info: gOwCoD4

gOwCoD4 - 4 years ago

1. Any legendary has a 1/20 (5%) drop rate from the boss it's assigned to, the infinity pistol is assigned to Doc Mercy. Any legendary has a 1/1000 (.1%) to be found in a chest, random drop, or in a skag/stalker/whatever pile.

User Info: Sagely

Sagely - 4 years ago 1 0

1. Well these pistols are rare and ALL WAYS ORANGE but u can not find them in the regular opponents in the first playthrough u can only find them from the Warrior(last boss) , Bloodwing(slagged) and Dying Handsome Jack these are the only bosses u can get the pistols in but in the second playthrough u can find them in all bosses (Flynt,Boombewm, and of course Handsome Jack Reg. but these pistols only appear on human bosses plus Bloodwing and the warrior but that's it these pistols are easier to find with 4 people but their might be a argument on who gets to keep the pistol (that's with my friends it may be different with u)

User Info: Lunarace

Lunarace - 4 years ago 0 1
  2. i got one during Doc Mercy quest on first play though (single player). After i killed him and started shooting all the psychos running at me one of them dropped it. So just wanted to say you can get on first play though relativity early in the game. My infinity gun level requirement is 7 and i still use it at lvl 23 despite the low damage.

User Info: leehayes63

leehayes63 - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. Doc mercy in play through 2. After completing the main story line, and getting lvl 50 for the lvl 50 version. Also save your side missions as well, some rewards scale to 50. Most of them are useless by that point tho.

User Info: iwillkilljuuLOL

iwillkilljuuLOL - 4 years ago 0 0
  4. If I'm understand this correctly. It seems to be an extremely rare drop from any boss because as you said some say the drop is boss specific while others say no it's pretty much all bosses. I believe it to be a rare drop from ANY boss(be it a mini-boss or story boss) and it's just that the drop rate is so rare that people cannot tell the specific pattern. From experience, Doc Mercy dropped a gun called "Burning Infinity" after I killed him during my first play through(seriously, I got the gun after playing 3 hours of the game). As someone previously commented, it was a low level gun that can carry you through about ten or so levels before it becomes useless. As for stat wise, it uses no bullets(as it only carry one shot in the cartridge), shoots indefinately without stop, and does fire damage. Though it shoots in a figure 8 pattern(infinity symbol) so the aim really is not that good.

User Info: Hizaki1233

Hizaki1233 - 4 years ago 0 0
  5. Doc Mercy, its about a 7 % drop rate

User Info: iheartcboro

iheartcboro - 4 years ago 0 0