Question from Talonblade84

how can I buy lumber for my house in dawnstar if there is nobody there I think the owner was killed by a dragon?

when I go to anga's mill to buy lumber nobody's there

bluedragon619 answered:

No worries, you don't have to go to that mill at all, I either buy from Hod in riverwood or the mill in morthal
0 0

bluedragon619 answered:

Should add, i know it says to but you really don't and the 'quest' will still complete
0 0

Mantis503 answered:

I had that same issue when I bought the homstead in Falkreath, I was told to go to Half-moon Mill. When I arrived there was no one there, and when I approached the marker it jumped to the house. When I walked to the house, the cursor jumped back to the mill, I ended up using wait and fast forwarded time to operation hours of the following day and the lady that runs the place appeared for me. As stated above, anyone that runs a mill in a hold will sell you lumber and will complete the quest.
0 0

Sovngaria answered:

You can purchase sawn logs from any mill. They are automatically "transported" for you to any of your three homes. In other words, you can make a one-time purchase of 1,000 or so logs from one mill and build all your houses with it.
0 0

1qwed answered:

Well I got a house in Falkreath but he lumber at the mill is expensive. so i went to a dif mill and it was lower so maybe you can go to a dif mill like in a dif city
0 0

Nitefox answered:

You're probably having trouble with Half-moon Mill because, she's a Vampire. Also if you've gotten far enough into the Dark Brotherhood quest you may have killed her and her husband.
0 0

Capt_hammer answered:

The simplest way to buy supplies, furnishings, animals and servants is to appoint a house Stewart. The best Stewart is combat capable. Most followers can be stewarts.

Really great and easy: go to whiterun and enter the pub at the end of the main street In the marketplace. In a booth in the corner is Uthgard the unbreakable, a really obnoxios nord woman NPC that is an ass kicker and really grows on you. She will challenge you to a fight wagering 100 septims she will ruin your day. Accept. Beat her, and she will offer her services as a follower rather than pay up. Take her to your house and talk to her. You will be presented with the option to make her your house Stewart. Once she is appointed, you will be able to have her buy lumber, clay, and stone and have it delivered. She will hire servants and buy livestock. She will kill bad guys that attack the house.

Tip: buy a coach driver you will be glad you did. Don't buy livestock.
0 0

Dawnstar property? Open Shonedash
How do I build a bed for my house??? Open Brienana
Stewards in each house? Open funkeymonkey128
Cant move my family to new house? Open charles1717
Why does my Xbox keep freezing? Unanswered RabbitKit232